Happy birthday Luce

I wake the way kings wake, just the same. We are all blessed with the same time, the same experience of consciousness. My eyes greet the dayshine, my heart and lungs expand. There are times that I feel that I must have been so blessed to live the same day over and over for I was immortal.

The egg yolk sun poured through the cracks in the blind and awaited entrance into my eyes. Sight still in the clutches of the night's glue, i hesitantly rubbed the dreams away and looked to my right to see the bed empty.

Cam was gone.

I quickly get up and change into the oversized black hoodie cam offered me leaving my legs bare.

A slight tap radiated through the door and I slid open the filtered contraption. Allowing me to visually see the person on the other end. (Movie scene)

"Hello" cam says holding a chocolate cupcake with a lit candle.

I blow away the fire smiling allowing the smoke to dissipate into the air

"Happy birthday luce" cam says smiling sweetly.

"Did you make a wish" he asks.

"I won't tell you. It won't come true" I say grinning.

"That's okay. I already know what you wished for" Cam says giving his signature smirk.

"Oh yeah. What did I wish for?" I ask my lips narrowing and my lips curling into a grin.

"Answers. The truth" Cam says staring into my soul.

"By the way Luce wear something nice it's party time" Cam says walking away eating the cupcake.

I quickly open the door looking both right and left. cam disappeared.

On the floor was laid a black flowy dress, the birthday gift my mum and dad which was confiscated on the 1st day and my phone and my daylight ring.

Thank god I had my phone.

I opened the gift my parents gave revealing a note and a silver necklace. I smiled happily.

"Happy 17th birthday Lucinda love mum and dad" x

I wore the necklace around my neck and made my way back into my own dorm.

I quickly did my makeup and hair and wore the black sheer dress accompanied with black heels and made my way to the basement floor.