Fighting, Blood and regret

Luce POV

"Don't fucking touch her" I hear Daniel screech. When he turned to face me his eyes were narrowed, rigid, cold, hard. In that moment I knew he was already far away. He looked at me hurt somewhat disappointed.

Cam withdrew from my grip and got up.

"And what are you going to fucking do Daniel" Cam shot back. "She made her choice!" Cam says pushing Daniel back.

In that frozen second between stand off and fighting I see Cam eyes flick from Daniel to me.

"He's using you luce to get back at me. Don't you see, he doesn't like you. Cam isn't capable of love. He's toying you around and when he gets what he wants he's gonna throw you away." Daniel seethes his lethal stare felt painful and piercing.

I quickly got up standing in between Cam and Daniel in attempt to diffuse the confrontation.

"Don't you fucking dare. I've been there for Luce each time" cam says pushing Daniel back further and further over my shoulder.

"aren't you just a shiny little hypocrite polished in bullshit!" Cam fires at Daniel. "You let her die each fucking time, she could of had a life, family, children but you were so selfish and just didn't let her go. Where the fuck where were you in 1864 when Luce died. Hell you didn't even go to her Funeral. Don't bullshit me on morals Daniel you haven't done shit for her" Cam whispers silently only for Daniel to hear although I heard every word.

My mind was a surging perplexity feeling overwhelmed and drained.

I watched as the whites in Cams eyes turned a pure black, and as his iris glowered teal.

"Stop" I shout. I knew instantly from the look in Daniels eyes that Cam hit the mark.

Daniel fist collided with Cams defined jaw his temper blew hot and pounded into Cams stomach. Cam face was red with suppressed rage.

Cam swung his tight fist quick and potent, into Daniels jaw. The impact looked like thousands of venomous blades piercing into Daniel. Daniel winced in pain and cam continued attacking Daniels face with rage. Crimson leaked from both his nostrils and his nose was twisted right. He drew his fist back again and it ploughed into Daniels stomach.

I quickly got between them attempting to remove Cams hands around Daniels jaw. Even with my Vampire strength Cam was incredibly strong. His eyes were locked onto Daniel with murder. I never saw Cam as serious as before. I attempted to remove Cams hands as much as I could and pushed Daniel away from his view. As soon as I replaced Daniels position Cam hand cracks across my face, snapping it back with the force of his blow and causing my head to reel sickeningly.

I quickly stagger backwards, clutching my face, my eyes watering as a cut formed underneath my eyes. My eyes held a small cut from Cams ring.

"You fucking hurt her." Daniel shouts while holding me examining my eyes.

"Is the cut deep?" Daniel questions voice sounded more pained.

A wave of pain suddenly washed over Cam and he slowly kneeled next to me. Without meaning my body curls into something fetal, something primeval and all the while the pain burns and radiates.

"Don't come any closer" I said Pain seared through my abdomen, my mind conceding to the torment, unable to bring a thought to completion.

"I'm so sorry luce. I didn't mean it I swear. I didn't see you all I saw was Daniel. I swear to God I would never hurt you" cam says tears brimming in his eyes.

My legs were weak, my stomach lurched and my heart ached. I couldn't think coherently.

Daniel pulled me close to him, his arm wrapped around my waist for support.

I healed pretty quickly as a vampire so the pain wasn't excruciating.

"You're a fucking sick piece of shit. She's hurt and you're still trying to have a play at my girlfriend. Take your fucking hands off her" cam yelled exasperated.

"Stop it Cam. This isn't you. I don't even who you are" I reply the tears burst forth like water from a dam, spilling down my face. In my heart I wanted to retract all the bad things I ever said, they were never a reflection of Cam but his anger.

Cam clasps my hand interlocking his fingers with mine his eyes locked with mine and I quickly teared my eyes away from him.

"I like you luce. I want to be with you. I would never hurt you." Cam says sympathetically. Guilt haunted cam and his breath hitched. One second passed.Two seconds passed.Three seconds passed. Guilt was eating and pestering Cam.

It seemed unfair that no matter how much Cam strived to be the man his conscience wanted him to be, it would keep taunting him with his failures. Each time the regrets reemerged.

"This was a mistake." I say quickly.

"Let me take you to the nurse Luce. Let's go" Daniel says his eyes showing the kind of gentle concern I knew from our past lives.

"What fucking mistake Luce?" Cam shouted.

"You need to back off" Daniel says in my defence.

"I can't do this Cam" I say my brain a violent whirl of stupidity, trying to organize the chaos in my life. I didn't mean to say that. My heart ached.

Cam held a hurt expression, his hands brushed through his hair. He looked broken and hurt.

"Tell me why" cam asks regret consuming him.

"I, I-" In truth I didn't have an exact reason. His violence frightened me.

"The fighting I- I cant" I say quietly sobbing.

"I'll stop. I swear Luce" Cam says quickly holding my arms close to him.

"I'm sorry" I say leaving with Daniel.

My heart ached and regret  washed over me like long slow waves on a shallow beach. Each wave was icy cold and sent shivers down my spine. How i longed to go back and take a different path retract everything I said to Cam but now that was impossible. There was no way back. There was no way to make it right.

I knew the remorse would eat at me everyday.

Our gazes intertwined for a short second and I knew I still loved Cam.

What did I just do?

This was a sad chapter ahhh trouble in paradise. However Luce and Cam will be end game. Thanks for reading!! Next chapters will be make your heart melt guys!!! 💓