SCP-049-J x Shy Suicidal Male Reader

(This is gonna be just platonic x reader. I also refer to 049-J as just Jay.)

Warning: Some mentions of self harm and suicidal thoughts

I sat alone in my office again, crying. People had teased me earlier about my depression and my scars. I'd been struggling with depression for years. There was only one person that I felt like they made it better; SCP-049-J. That may seem odd, but his friendly, childish ways remind me of when I was so young and happy. He was always so kind to me and everyone else. I smiled a bit and wiped my tears when I heard some guard's voice and Jay talking, "Please can I see him?! Can I see my friend, Y/N? Please, please, please!" He begged. The guard finally gave him and let him in my office. Jay ran in, smiling happily, "Hello Y/N! How are you today?" I smiled slightly, "Hello Jay...I've been fine." He took a closer look at me, "You've been crying again, haven't you?" He asked with a sad tone. 

I shook my head no, "What? No, of course not." I lied. "You're lying to me again, Y/N. I don't like it when you lie to me." He pouted and crossed his arms. I sighed, "I'm sorry Jay." He sat on the edge of my desk, "So why are you crying? I want to make it better." I looked away, "Jay, it's fine, really it is." He shook his head, "No! No it isn't! Who made you cry?" He asked again. He was always persistent, I'll give him that. After going back and forth like this for a while, I gave in, "Fine...a few coworkers made fun of me for my depression and my scars." I say quietly. He stood up, "Who was it?! I'll teach them a lesson!" He shouted. "Jay, calm down. It's nothing to worry about, it's fine. Really, it is." I said, looking back down at my paperwork. Jay kept insisting that it wasn't, as usual. "Why do you always keep trying to get 'revenge' on people for messing with me?" I sighed. "Because you're my friend! I can't just let you get pushed around like that!" He replied.

I had a sudden realization. What he said meant so much to me, I had really been taking our friendship for granted. No one had ever stood up for me, but Jay did. He did it often too. I looked back up at him, smiling a bit again, "You know Jay...you're the best friend I could ever ask for." He smiled back brightly and hugged me suddenly, "Wow really?! I never expected you to say that Y/N!" It made me feel good that I made him happy. We talked for a while longer before the guard that had brought him here said he needed to return to his containment chamber, Jay hugged him again before leaving. I waved back and returned to my desk to fill out more papers. That's whenever I seen he had scribbled a picture of me and him on one of my papers. I chuckled a bit, "How cute."