Skephalo prepares for Pride

"This is stupid," Zak grumbled, possibly not so gently to Darryl.

"Shhhhh, hold still you muffin." Darryl responded; a smile etched on his face. "Let me finish this bow."

"Fine..."

Nimble hands weaved through Zak's hair, tying in the last rainbow ribbon. Zak tried to remember how Darryl managed to convince him to go with him to the parade but came up with the only plausible solution: The other just sucked up to him, and did whatever he asked, with the requirement that he went with him this one night.

"That's it." Darryl finished happily, clasping Zak's hand as he pulled him up.

"Do I want to see how I look?" Zak asked, half worried, half curious. Darryl only held up a mirror sheepishly, scratching the back of his neck.
"I tried to make it look natural y'know? I have to get my makeup done as well so, I'm gonna go do it now so we're not late-!" And without giving Zak the chance to process what he said, he ran off headed straight for the bathroom.

Zak slowly picked up the mirror and examined himself closely. Two smooth silky ribbons danced through his hair, seemingly sprouting from the blackness. Reminding himself of the colors they were, he looked down at his wrist. Darryl had taken some the more colorful parts of his giant makeup bag and painted a neat rainbow flag on it. He refocused his attention on his face...and he had to admit, Darryl really did know what he was doing with that blender. His face seemed so smooth. Pausing, he tentatively reached up to his cheeks and noticed a small tint of pink. That idiot put blush on him. He giggled quietly.

Muttering a promise to kill him when he emerges from the bathroom, he made his way over to the couch, and flipped through the channels on the TV in the dining room. He checked if everything was in his backpack, and sure enough everything to survive a late night out partying was there. Noises of talk shows filled the air, and after a while passed Zak cast his eyes to the digital clock in the corner of the room.

"Darryl, hurry uuuuup!" He whined, smacking the pillow next to him. A soft sigh was heard from behind a door.
"Zak, really I'm almost done alright? Give me a few more minutes, and then we can go meet the others."
More TV noises.
"Zak?"
"Yeah, yeah, okay fine." Darryl laughed.
"I spent less time on your muffiny makeup! And I wanted to add more..." He said the latter softer than the rest of his speech. "At least let me do mine!" Zak rolled his eyes.
"I Said FINE!" He called over his shoulder, already losing interest in the argument.

More ads and commercials scrolled by, and Zak was already losing whatever patience he just announced he would have. He opened his mouth to yell at the other again but was interrupted by a soft click that echoed down the hallway. Footsteps came closer to him, and the show Zak tuned in to watch finally came on.
"Seriously?" He complained. "You decide to get done as soon as-" And then he stopped. Stopped his words dead in their tracks, because Darryl was in front of him.

And Darryl looked fucking gorgeous.

He just sat there on the couch looking like a be-smitten fool, with his mouth halfway open, and eyes adoring Darryl's face, because goddamn it all, how do you use powder, cream, and colors to look that cute?

"Zak...?" Darryl asked cautiously.
"Holy fucking shit, you look beautiful."

...

There was silence, and the comment lingered in the air for an uncomfortable amount of time. It looked like Darryl even forgot what he was going to say, because the iconic "Language!" that usually followed a curse, wasn't there. Zak was pretty sure he made him blush, under all the foundation he used. He stood up to look at all the different flags, the other had painted on his face, and the small amount of eyeshadow he applied.
"Jesus Christ, I'm so gay." He smiled widely, as he thumbed the bisexual flag on Darryl's left cheek.

As Zak continued to examine and make comments on all his hard work, Darryl finally gathered his words and asked quietly,
"Which is your favorite one?" Assuming he was referring to the flags, Zak opened his mouth to point out the matching rainbow rectangle on Darryl's wrist, before stopping himself when he realized that he didn't know the one that was sitting on Darryl's right cheek. He searched his memory for black, red, white, sky blue, and baby blue, and came up with nothing. It did look familiar though...

Darryl smiled softly, supposing Zak's confusion was because he couldn't decide.
"Come on muffin, let's go meet the others, they're probably waiting for us-"
Then it clicked. Darryl. He-he painted their flag. The flag everybody teased them for. The Skephalo flag. Right there, on his cheek, for everyone to see. Darryl had already turned away and was heading to the kitchen to grab his keys.

"Darryl?"
"Yeah?"
"Did I ever mention that I love you?"
Darryl froze and turned back to Zak, who was grinning like an idiot.

"What brought this on?" He asked suspicious of the other's intent. In response, Zak only laughed. A bright, genuine, happy laugh, and dove straight into Darryl's arms.
"I love you! So much. So, much!" He buried his face into Darryl's sweater and stayed there, still smiling.

"Did I break you??" Darryl questioned, slightly worried at all the sudden affection.
"You-you painted our flag! Ours! -Oh my god, I love you so much!"
Darryl understood now and was 100% blushing under his makeup.
"Y-you mean the Skephalo flag? I mean I had to, right? Like, I can't just go to what's basically a gay palooza without my muffiny flag, now can I?"

Laughing at Darryl's flustered justification, Zak drew back, pecked him on the lips and tugged his hand towards the door.
"Lets goooooo! I'm hyped up now, I grabbed the keys and everything!"
Darryl only laughed along with him and followed him out the door.
"I'm coming, I'm coming you muffin!"