On the Run

MAGENTA

Awaking from another nightmare, I decided to just pack up some stuff for Meridious and I to go into the city and stay at a hotel. Things around here are just getting a little too weird for my personal taste. The Alpha is beyond strange and the way these nightmares keep happening, it's giving me the inkling that we just need to go. As I'm packing, I hear a soft knock at the door and I instantly paused and went to see who it was. Opening the door I see guards and a man I've never seen before.

After being stared at for about 3 minutes, the mystery man proceeded to say, " Hello, my name is Lazlou Androgyny I've been summoned by the Alpha to escort you to the pack meeting being held today." Pack meeting, hmm, nobody ever mentioned a pack meeting to me. Now this only sets me back further in time for leaving and going to the hotel. Nodding my head I proceed to close the door only for a foot to be in the way. Startled a bit, I jump back and the door slowly opened and a hand with a dress appeared. Grabbing the dress and closing the door, I walk to the vanity area and began to unzip the vinyl covering. Inside, revealed this beautiful off shoulder-ruby red chiffon dress with crystal detailing along the neckline trailing down toward the abdomen area. In the bottom of the bag there was a Louis Vuitton box entailing a pair of classic nude red bottom heels.

At this point in time, I'm sitting on the bed in my silk robe provided by housekeeping, contemplating if I want to make a run for it now or wait things out. After deliberating for 15 minutes, I decided to stay and wait things out until I have a concrete plan. Noticing motion on the bed I realize that Meridious is climbing on the bed and making his way toward me. He then proceeded to nestle his head in between my head and shoulder humming a tune I wasn't familiar with. " What's that, it's really pretty?" I asked. He said, " It's something my mommy used to sing for me when I'd wake up with nightmares." Instantly, I felt a lump form in my throat and tears threatened to pour from my eyes. No child especially at this young age should have to go through or face what he did. Having your parents ripped away from you without an explanation nor a second thought presented to you has to be the hardest thing to deal with. Sitting there on the bed for a few minutes in deep thought, I decide to take a much needed shower.

Now getting out of the shower after scrubbing and starring in a 20 minute concert, it's time to lotion my body down and apply some perfume. My choice of lotion and perfume was Elizabeth Arden's White Tea, some may think it's a rather odd choice for my age, but I believe it's simply amazing. The goal tonight is to be a head turner, and with this scent I'm sure to leave a lasting impression. Being that we're all wolves, they'll smell me before I enter and long after I'm gone. Moments after massaging in the lotion and spraying on the perfume, I slip into my dress and walk toward my tall mirror. Glancing at the mirror, I can honestly say I am a sight to behold. With the way my body is being hugged in this dress, my silhouette is immaculate; my pin curls fall so effortlessly framing my face, caressing my shoulders and laying ever so delicately against my back. After applying my makeup and getting Meridious ready in his matching tuxedo, there was a heavy knock at the door. Opening the door, there stood Lazlou in a raven black tuxedo with the matching dress shirt and black Italian leather shoes. His eyes raked over my body, all the while no words were exchanged between us and slowly I saw him reach his hand out to me. Noticing movement beside me, I see Meridious approach my right side to reach for my hand as well.

Grasping both males' hands the three of us proceeded to walk down the long hallway. Along the way I noticed the walls were decorated in paintings; and one of those paintings depicted an image of two wolves battling it out in forest, filled with trees for as far as the eye could see. Now at the end of the hallway, we arrive at a massive staircase where I could hear the chatter of many people. Making our way to the first step, it was as if everyone went silent immediately and all eyes were on myself and company. Nerves began to set in and my hands began to lightly tremble, Lazlou sensed it and gave my hand a light squeeze to help me calm myself down. Finally at the bottom of the staircase, we're in the foyer and all eyes are on myself and Meridious. Hand in hand, Meridious and I walked toward these great big double doors that led onto a vast plane of land stretching into the forest. Once again all eyes were on us two, and everywhere we turned intense gazes latched onto our figures. Feeling a tug on my arm I look down to see Meridious whispering something, so to better my hearing I bent down near his mouth. He said, " Magenta, why is everyone staring at us,?" Replying, " I have no idea, but it could be the fact that everyone is dressed in all black and I'm the only one with a ruby red dress on." He giggled and we walked over to a vacant table and sat down only to be interrupted almost immediately by someone tapping a champagne glass and clearing his/her throat. Not being able to see who was speaking, I spaced out into my thoughts and began to devise a plan to leave this place and find somewhere else Meridious and I could go until things were figured out. I was suddenly knocked out of my thoughts by hearing words I thought I'd never have the pleasure of hearing,

" I Carson Kathum, am pleased to present and accept Magenta Rodriguez as my mate."

Hello to all both new and old readers, as the title states this book is under heavy reconstruction. Bare with me to get everything together and cohesive, I understand there are more than a few chapters that are either too short or just makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. I have big plans for this book just like all my others. Thank you for the support over the years and the continued support as of recent. I appreciate you and love you all,

your favorite author