How it all started

MAGENTA-FLAME: POV

Hello let me formally introduce myself. My name is Magenta Annabella Rodriguez. But people call me "Flame" and the reasoning behind it is the natural scarlet red hue and orange undertones my tresses possess. All the while doing my homework, I hear Alpha Dorin calling out to me with one of my daily chores. " Flame, bring your ass down here the pack and I are hungry!" As of recently this is something that is required out of me for as long as I live here. Exiting my room and walking toward the stairs I feel a pair of hands firmly grasp the middle of my back, and with the force of Satan himself I flew down the steps. As I lay at the base of the stairs groaning in pain, I hear snickering and laughs circling around my throbbing body. I look around and see Alpha Dorin, my older brother and Beta of the pack Axelen, and sister Zahiri dying of laughter. Upset would be an understatement to the way I feel, I'm embarrassed and like normal I feel alone with no one to turn to. Tears welled in my eyes as my head hangs low and I sulk towards the kitchen ashamed for not  having the courage and the strength to defend myself. When I'm done doing my so called chores I go upstairs with my food to eat and overthink. As the night progresses I sit there just thinking about my life and what I go through and a river of tears pour from my eyes. Eventually, I drift off to sleep dreaming of what my life would be like if the tables were turned or if my parents were still around.

**Next day**

Today is my birthday so I hoping and praying to the Moon Goddess that everything goes pretty smooth for the most part. Besides today is the day I shift and my senses unlock to finally and  hopefully find my mate to whisk me away from this place. Everyone thinks I'm a freak because of the way I look, I mean I get it because who do you know with natural scarlet red hair and eyes that radiate such a vibrant orange and yellow hue, almost comparable to that of the sun? Not to mention that I'm pretty short given the species I am, standing at only 5'3 no more than 5'4 on a good day and I'm quite underweight as well. Approaching the gates of school, I stop to think and take a moment to stare at it. Can you believe so many kids my age get to experience remarkable once in a lifetime things here? But me that's a different story, I get rude and disrespectful comments and glares thrown at me left and right and for what, the world may never know. But I'm not letting that stop me from having  the best birthday I can possibly have. Unbeknownst to me, for whatever reason today the staff have put together an award ceremony; not like I really care per say, just wonder what exactly for. I proceed to go and take my seat in the auditorium and just as I sit down the ceremony begins. It became clear to me that they were handing out awards in alphabetical order and sure enough after 20 minutes I hear my name being called," Magenta Annabella Rodriguez please approach the podium for your award please."

Well damn, they didn't have to use my entire name to call me up for the award. Upon approaching  the podium the whole school erupts in booing and throwing rude comments at me but that's what I'm accustomed to so put my head down and stare at the floor to tune them out. The minute I'm firmly on stage, I pick my head up and my eyes lock on the one person I despise more than a little bit, the oh so 'wonderful and great', Alpha Dorin Mezine. But for whatever reason, in that moment, all the hatred I felt for this man flew to hell and these new feelings suddenly emerged. Nothing short of pure adoration, love, and this feeling in my chest of pulling. Like being sucked into his gaze and everything around me just disappearing and all that's left is us two. I knew he felt it too because his eyes grew soft and what looked like a half smile slowly etched itself onto his beautiful face. Unfortunately that only lasted about a second and his face went from calm, then angry to stone cold. What flew out of his mouth next knocked the wind out of me and I felt my lungs tighten and my heart literally shatter into millions of tiny pieces," I Alpha Dorin Mezine reject you Magenta Rodriguez."

Erupting from all across the room were gasps of pure shock and confusion. Once everyone grasped the concept of what he said, it was then that everyone knew we were mates. Before I could grab a hold of what was happening myself, my legs gave out on me and I collapsed, falling off the auditorium stage. When I landed I'd hit my head so hard on the pretty black marble floors that'd I began to bleed out. Knowing and not really caring that I'm losing consciousness; the principal proceeded on with the award ceremony and told the student body what I was nominated for, and said I was voted most likely to die alone. Hearing that just broke my heart even more, like how could people be so cruel, heartless and relentless in torment like I'm not a person with feelings and emotions. In that moment I felt like nothing, and like I'd never be somebody's something. All of those times I've been told I wasn't going to be anything or that I wasn't worth anything began to come full circle and in that moment I finally allowed myself to believe what they said about me to be true.

While I continued to lay there unable to move and trying to gather my bearings and whereabouts, I felt him punch and kick me in the stomach and face all while whispering awful things. He said, " You'd never be anything more to me than a burden and a mistake." " Your parents died in vain for a worthless nothing." "All you'll ever be good for is to clean and cook my meals." " I could never accept such a withering piece of shit as my mate, I require someone strong, intelligent and beautiful and your are everything but that, in fact you are the complete opposite and I hate you for it." " I CURSE THE DAY THE MOON GODDESS CHOSE YOU TO COME INTO THE WORLD LET ALONE BE MY MATE!"  This immediately sent everyone into an uproar, so much so that the principal who happens to be his father stepped in to say something but was immediately silenced. Using his alpha tone he said,  " If anyone so much as utters this news to anyone or even tries to console this sack of flesh, you WILL BE BANISHED NEVER TO RETURN TO THIS LAND AGAIN! DO I MAKE MYSELF CLEAR?!" Everyone, trembling in submission eventually muttered yes' and we hear you. Once that was over, I gathered all the strength I could muster in the moment and bolted out of their as fast as I could leaving everyone with their mouths agape.