CHAPTER - 1 : THE LETTER

THIRD PERSON'S P.O.V.

To: The person reading this.

Consider this letter as a follow up to our last conversation. I am sure you clearly got the message of what we want you to do. So it would be better if you comply for your own good.

We'll make it easier(or difficult) for you by providing you a little motivation. If you want your daughter to live, we suggest you do as we say. Yeah yeah yeah we know you have a daughter.

Shocked? Good. That means you'll not take this letter lightly. Now you realize, you went after the wrong people. And if not, we will make sure you damn well realize that pretty soon.

And please do find the enclosed pictures, because those will show you how easy it is for us to take away your most prized possession.

-Yours Truly

(You know who.)

With shaky hands, the woman pulled out three photographs from the envelope. One is her daughter leaving her apartment in New York. Another one is when she is entering her office. And the last one is her daughter having a meal at a restaurant. After seeing this, the letter and the photographs fell from the woman's hand onto the ground. Just a few minutes ago she had come out to check the mailbox and found this addressed to her husband. Fear overtook her body as she stared straight ahead with a million thoughts running through her mind. She may be all hard and professional when it comes to business but she is like all the other mothers in the world when it comes to her baby girl.

After coming out of her trance she picks up the letter and the photographs and heads inside the house. She enters the living room to see her husband on the couch watching television.

"Jonathan?" She whispers as she comes in between him and the television.

"Hey! It's the last minute of the game!" He says in disbelief as he watches his wife standing between him and probably Messi's last-minute goal. But when he looks at her face, he stops. Never in his life has he seen his wife this terrified about anything.

He quickly stands up and walks towards her. He places his hands on her shoulder and leads her slowly to the couch and makes her sit. He gets up and walks to the kitchen to get a glass of water for her and on the way back, he wonders what could it be that made his wife act this way!

He handed the glass to Deliah as he reached her and sat down beside her. He shuts off the T.V. as he waits for his wife to drink the water.

"What happened honey?" He asked her as she kept the now empty glass on the table.

Slowly she took out the envelope from her pocket and handed it over to her husband.

She tried to keep her unshed tears from falling as she watches her husband's expression change from confused, to worried, and then to anger. He looked up at his wife who had now started sobbing.

"Don't worry sweetie, we will not let anyone hurt our princess." He tried his best to hide the fact that he is himself very worried and assured her that he would make everything right.

After comforting his wife, he excused himself for a while to make a phone call.

He came into the kitchen and dialed a number. That number, which had not been dialed for a long time. One would wonder how things change after so many years that the number that used to be on speed dial, cannot be found in the call logs for the last fifteen years.