fifteen

My foster parents were what you would call part of the middle class society.

Earning just about enough to keep them comfortable and away from prying eyes.

They had a very young daughter, she was 3 years old when I came into the picture.

Their family was what I would call peaceful, it was nothing like mine.

It didn't have anything to do with the fact that they were Asians.

Imagine that an Asian family with a white kid for a son.

Most kids would feel pressured by society if found in such a situation but not me, I wasn't here to make bonds.

2 years into my coming into the family, the wife got pregnant with a boy .

I was declared some kind of good luck charm because the doctors said she couldn't get pregnant again.

Don't get me wrong they were nice people and having a little brother to dote would make anyone happy.

But not me, I knew what would make me happy and they weren't her.

I got through kindergarten by being invisible, staying out of trouble and keeping my head low.

Ways to search for my sister was also being devised.

But being a kid the amount of information you can get your hands on is limited.

Kindergarten was eventful but I'm not giving up till I have her back.