four

We lived in a pretty isolated area, so I had to run for a while before getting to a neighbor's home.

I quickly knocked but my little hands were weak and shaky, so I took a rock and broke their bedroom window.

That woke them up and they came down to investigate, when they opened the door. I told them that a bad man was in our house and he was hurting my mom.

They called the cops, but by the time the cops got there, by the time I took them back to our house.

My mother was already dead.

Apparently my mother didn't fight back, she hid my baby sister who was asleep at the time in a drawer.

She didn't fight back because her back was against the drawer, she didn't fight back in order to save her.

As I stared at my mother's corpse as it was wheeled out, as I stared at my baby sister being checked out by the pediatrician.

I thought about the things my mother did to me, the things she let me see, when she beat me, when she starved me, when she dislocated my shoulder and all the hateful things she said to me.

And then I thought about her last actions, saving mine and my sister's life at the cost of hers.

As I looked at her body being prepped to be transferred to the morgue. I couldn't help but ask, after everything, after everything that you said and done.

In the end,"mother, did you love me?".

Kris note; oh you are thirsty, well go get something then but don't forget to vote and tell me what you think so far.