Three

It happened at night while I was asleep, I heard a lot of really loud banging at the door, along with said person screaming obscenities.

It was really loud and I wanted to ignore it, thinking perhaps it was one of my mother's boyfriends.

I never should have, I shouldn't have ignored it.

I heard the blood curdling scream of my mother, which forced me to quickly jump down my bed and race out of my room, as fast as my little feet would let me.

The banging were now louder and whoever was outside the door was also angrier.

I saw my mother crawling towards the corridor and I ran towards her.

When I reached out to her I felt my hands get wet, they were red and I knew what it was immediately. It was blood "my mother's blood ".

I was horrified and terrified, so much that I could only utter a single word "MOM".

Quickly my mother headed me into the kitchen and opened the kitchen window, I could hear the door getting kicked open.

My mother took me and threw me through, I stood up immediately and quickly tried to get back in. Whoever made her bleed was inside the house, and I had to get back in.

I had to protect them, or so I thought.

But she wouldn't let me in, she mouthed "Go" to me "I would be right behind you ".

I knew she was lying, but I wanted to believe her. So like a coward I ran.