Chapter 5

Russia's POV    I groaned as the unforgiving sunlight scorched my poor eyes. I turned over and tried to go back to sleep. And that was before something jumped on top of me. THREE things in fact. "OOF!" I coughed and sat up quickly looking at the three little country's in my lap. The curious and happy eyes looked up into my own. 

"Dad said to get up!" Said Azerbaijan.

"It's almost 6," Uzbekistan and Tajikistan nodded. I shot up and almost knocked them out of my lap. I grabbed them and placed them on each side of the bed before jumping out of bed and racing downstairs pulling on my socks and shoes and then a shirt. Thank god  I ran into the kitchen and surprised my dad so much he almost spilled coffee on his suit and tie.  Wait Dad's always gone by the time I wake up. What is he doing here?

"Russia, why are you rushing? It's 5:00 am." He asked.

"What?" I said astounded and glanced at the clock and sure enough, it was only 5 in the morning. I heard giggling behind me and I turned sharply and glared at my siblings as they squealed and ran upstairs still giggling. I groaned and heard my father chuckle and the mug being set down. "Since your up come and have a cup of coffee with your old man." He grinned and held up the coffee pot to me.I grabbed it with a smile and a mug from the cabinet before pouring a glass for myself. I took a large gulp sighing contentedly and rested my head on the table. My father laughed once more. "Oh stop being so whiny you aren't old enough to be tired like that.""Okay okay, so does that mean you are? You are telling me you admit your old?" I shot a smirk at him and he rolled his eyes. "Quiet." We grinned at each other before his smile fell slightly. He looked down and sighed. "Russia...I need to ask you something. We both know I won't live forever and I had adopted many kids and had many kids...some of them won't be old enough to remember me.""You're talking as if you are gonna die tomorrow." I laughed but it was a little shaky."Russia please, this is not a joke. I need to know." He took a deep breath. "Russia promise you will have a life without me. Can you promise me you'll take care of my siblings?"I watched him and tilted my head a little unnerved. "Dad what do you mean?""Please promise me. I want you to still live and be happy. And...I need to know your younger siblings will be okay.""I...I promise." I got up and hugged him tightly. "But I won't have to."He hugged me back and I buried my head in the crook of his neck feeling like a little kid again. Needing assurance and wanting, no needing, a shoulder to lean on. We pulled away and my dad breathed a sigh of relief. "Thank you. Anything could happen in the next year. That's what my father said. He made me promise. And it takes a lot off of my shoulders. Anyway." He stood up. "Get ready for school, you have it in half an hour."(Time skip to school) I waved goodbye to my dad before sighing deeply and turning to the schoolhouse. I walked in, put my stuff in my locker before grabbing my books, and heading to my first class. Well, actually homeroom. I sat down laying my head on the desk closing my eyes. No one bothered me. That was usual. (America's POV)I walked and talked with Canada when a white and red Neko ran up to me. "AMERICA!" She called and waved at me grinning. It was way over exaggerated and her smile was too large to be true. I glared at her so she would get the message that I didn't want to talk to her. Her smile faltered and she sighed looking down. "America. Look I'm sorry. I didn't MEAN to have you left alone. It's just south Korea didn't have a partner and I-""Don't use your crush as an excuse." I snapped. "It's not just the bus ride! You left me behind when you went into the museum! With RUSSIA! We could have KILLED each other! And you didn't even look back!""Ame I-.""Don't 'Ame' me. We have been friends for 12 years. You should know I would have been more than a little bit upset. Now leave me alone." I growled at her and walked away not wanting to look at her. I fumed the rest of the walk and far away from everyone else. I shoved my books in my locker. I almost broke the locker so I took a deep breath to calm my anger. Okay, America pretend. Pretend you're fine. It's what you always do. I swung my book bag over my shoulder and headed to NATO's homeroom. When I arrived all eyes were on me but they quickly became more relaxed when they saw my smile. A few people came up to me and talked to me like yesterday never happened. I went along with it until I saw Japan. She stood apart from the group a little and looked super ashamed. I felt kinda bad for yelling at her now so I waved her over. She looked surprised but delighted at the same time as she came skipping over. "I'm sorry for yelling at you Japan." I sighed and looked at my hands. "I just was angry and felt left behind." Japan hugged me tightly. "Don't feel bad! I should have never left you behind with that stupid commie!" "Yeah. By the way, Russia's not a commie" Is what I would have said if it wasn't for the fact I had to try and act like there was nothing between us. "Yeah." I pulled away from her but I was smiling. "I still haven't fully forgiven you," Her face fell. "But I have decided to give you a second choice, plus" I lower my voice. "I ship you with S.K SO hard."Her face flushed and she hit my arm before covering her face. "AMERICA!!!""Hey, you owe me." I put my hands up but I was smirking. "So I get to tease you for the rest of this week and next." "B-but!" She crossed her arms "Fine!" I pumped my fist in the air. "YAS!" I did one of my victory dances.I heard laughing from the group around us and I continued to laugh along with them feeling much better. The bell rang and we all went to our seat still talking. The rest of the day went on usually until lunchtime. The time I was dreading. You see each and every day at lunch me and the gang kinda....well we poke at Russia's buttons trying to make him pop. And I'm not sure how I could get out of it. 

-------------------

Hiya! Wow, I'm on a roll. Another chapter in a week. Wow, maybe this should be my regular. I hope you enjoyed and have a great day!

-corah :D