Episode 28: Love is Extreme

Later, it's nighttime. It is unclear how late it is. The moon is full and high in the sky, glowing pure and white like the pearl of the sea. It scatters its effervescent light across the university grounds. Dano and Haru sit on the bench under the big tree. There's at least two feet worth of space between them, and they are silent.

"You know, I was worried."

"What?" she says. "What were you worried about?"

"I thought maybe you'd forgotten me."

Silence.

"Oh," she whispers.

"Forgotten us."

"That's stupid. I could never forget you... you didn't forget me, did you?"

"No."

"Yeah, well, neither did I. And I won't. No matter what happens. Our souls are interconnected! It's impossible for either one of us to forget each other, without ripping our own hearts out of our chests."

Haru laughs, "Isn't that a bit extreme?"

She grins up at him, "No, it's not! It's not... love is the extreme thing here."

"Love is extreme?" He repeats calmly, gazing out into the glittering night.

Dano pauses a moment to think about this. She cocks her head. Her eyes wander across the ground before her, softly, before finally she lifts her gaze towards the moon. She exhales a weight off her chest, "Yes..." she beams. "I'd say love is pretty extreme."