Episode 19: Dreams

Dano wakes up in the middle of the night, gasping, shaking, shivering. She's a freaking comic book character. She shouldn't even have dreams.

So what the hell was that?

•••

Memories—

An excruciating pain cleaves the flesh and bone between her ribcage. Dano cries out. It feels like hot iron and searing ice all at once, sucking at her bones and suffocating her. She stares into Haru's wide, frightened eyes. They well with tears. He retracts his blade from her bloodied robes.

—one after another—

Gyeong says, "So, what? You like guys who can change the stage?"

"Well... yes! That was the reason at first. When I first started liking Haru, it was because he could change the stage, and I wanted to change my fate."

—it's consecutive, sporadic, random—

"Haru-ah... Haru-ah... Haru..." the pain overwhelms her, consumes her from the inside out. It's unbearable. She wants to die.

—and each time, it is only a flash. A flicker of a moment. Each time, it's briefer than the last, but the memories and emotions compile into unbelievably heavy emotional baggage. People she thought she knew—

Dohwa stares at her, dumbstruck. Then a grin explodes across his face, "Oh my g*d, it really is you! EUN DANO! You-you came back!"

—people she has never known—

Saemi laughs, slapping her arm, "Oh, come on! Everyone knows you like Baek Gyeong."

—and... most importantly... one person she feels like she has known all her life. One person who haunts her, daily, hourly, through every wasted moment. One person who is constantly on her nerves.

"Please, go to the next scene... please take us out of here... please.... save Dano's life."