Episode 4: Wrong

Dano hurries back to the table, where she had teleported suddenly away. She was there with Dohwa and their bags and their work—but now, Dohwa is nowhere to be seen. Her bag sits there alone. She frowns, anxiety building in her. She grabs her bag and rummages inside for her phone, pulling it out and slipping it to speed dial: her Dad.

Beep... Beep... Beep... The number you are trying to call is out of reach. Please try again later.

Dano groans, "Come on, Dad..."

She tries again.

Beep... Beep... Beep... The number you are trying to call is out of reach. Please try again later.

Why won't he pick up the phone?

Her eyes fall shut, her phone hanging limp from her hand. She raises her chin to the sky and revels in the warmth of the evening sun on her face.

Breathe...

It's evening already?

Her eyes snap open. She wants to scream, wants to pull out her hair. What is going on? Teleportation—no. That doesn't sound right. Paranormal activities don't exist. Is she really losing her memories? Does she really have amnesia? But... that doesn't explain how every time she is zapped to a new place, she is forced to do and say things that she doesn't want to do, or has never even thought of doing. It is almost as though she is a puppet, being controlled by external forces. A puppet-master... controlling her....

Dano turns back to her phone. But this time, she calls Dohwa. She is so relieved when he picks up that she wants to cry.

"Dohwa!"

"Whoa—Dano!" He exclaims. A good-natured laugh follows. "What the heck? What's with the shouting? You miss me, Tiny, is that it?"

"Dohwa, I don't understand. I don't get at all what is happening..." and then she really does feel like crying. Tears sting her eyes. "I think... there must be something wrong with me, there's no other explanation."

"Hey, hey—hey!" He falls serious, his tone immediately alert and worried. "What's this about, what are you talking about? I was joking, you know?"

"You know the amnesia thing I was talking about?"

"What amnesia?"

"The amnesia, from just now. You know, when I said that I felt like calling my dad, because it might be serious?"

"Wait—you have amnesia?" Dohwa exclaims. "Well, obviously you should call your Dad! Amnesia is serious!"

"But I told you this just now."

"What are you talking about? You never! I would have remembered if my best friend had amnesia."

Dano nearly drops her phone.

Something is definitely wrong.