Episode 8: Cute

WWHHS.

The scene ends. Dano and Gyeong sit across from each other at lunch, having just finished discussing the fact that he and Saemi are friends. Dano exhales an exasperated sigh.

"I wonder where the story is going," she mumbles out loud, picking at the food on her plate with her fork. "Baek Gyeong and Saemi are friends. But... Gyeong is not the supporting protagonist. Oh Namju is. So, why is this fact important? Why would readers need to know that Gyeong and Saemi are friends? Is that even relevant to the story...?"

"Eun Dano," Gyeong calls.

She startles, "Yes?"

"What are you mumbling about?" He is grinning amusedly at her, his cutlery ready in hand. He's grinning like she just told him a joke, or something. "I keep hearing my name —what are you saying about me?"

"Oh," she blinks. She looks down at her food. Clearing her throat, she proceeds with scooping rice into her spoon. "Um. Nothing."

"Um. Nothing," Gyeong grins. "Cute."

Dano looks up and meets his gaze. He's still grinning at her, that same way. The energy in him hasn't changed at all since the stage ended. In the stage, they were also rather friendly with each other like this; he was definitely playful. So, the writer has decided that they've reached this point in their relationship.

But for a stage-lit romance, it doesn't seem all that fake.

A thought hits Dano, and she's reminded of Juda's words. That despite the characters' obliviousness to the situation, their feelings are sincere...

Gyeong's feelings are sincere.

Dano faces him. Her lips tug into an impish smile, eyes squinting.

"We get along well, don't we?" She prompts, bubbling with newfound energy.

"Of course we do," he replies easily, digging into his rice.

"You really think I'm cute?"

He glances up at her, "Huh?" He blinks. "Oh. Well... yeah. Obviously, I think you're cute." He gazes at her as he says this, like this fact is now dawning on him. He smiles again. It is sincere.

Dano beams.

"I like you, Gyeong," she says. Even though she's not supposed to say it yet, she already knows it, and she wants to say it. Even if he won't remember this when the next stage comes, she wants to say it.

She should just forget Haru. Whatever that was. Haru is the male protagonist of Forgotten Winter who is pined after by all the girl-extras —not just her. (Is this pining? It's probably not pining. What does she know?) What she feels for Haru is nothing more than what it's made out to be in the comic book...

She should ignore him from now on.