Joining

Rey

I shut my trunk and enter the dorm. Most of my life was foster homes because I hated all the people, and my parents died when I was young. I don't know how, but I think an accident. I use the key to turn the lock and walkthrough. My trunk is set on the bed, and I unpack everything.

"Are you my roommate?" I turn and see a short Asian girl looking happy.

"Why yes, why?"

"Great, I'm Rose, Rose Tico. I can help you get settled in." she shakes my hand.

"Thank you, I'm Rey Kenobi," I reply happily.

We finish unpacking, and my bed is made with grey sheets, a light blue comforter, and the same color as both pillows. My closet is filled with my clothes, and the desk is organized, ready for use.

"Thank you, Rose," I look at her thankfully.

"Of course, I want you to meet my friends here. They're guys, but really funny. We are going to a party tonight; would you like to come?" she asks happily.

"I'd love to. When is it?"

"We have an hour, and then all of us are meeting up downstairs for dinner. We like to go to a diner first," she says.

"Sweet, let's get ready then." I go shower.

My shoulder-length hair is curled, and I throw on a white tank, jean shorts, black leather jacket, and black boots. I walk to the living room and wait for Rose. She comes out in blue ripped jeans, a black tank with a red leather jacket. 

"We have the same idea outfit, nice," I comment with a laugh.

She laughs as we walk downstairs to the entryway of the whole dorm complex.

"Finn, Poe, this is Rey. Rey, that is Poe, and the other is Finn." Rose points to each of the men.

"Hi, I'm Rey," I happily wave at the two boys.

"Nice to meet you. Are you new here?" Poe asks nicely.

His dark brown, curly hair frames his face. He definitely looks Italian. I shake his hand.

"Are you British?" Finn asks me.

"Yea, I was born in London, but I moved here when I was 10. I guess the accent never wore off." I shrug my shoulders.

We all laugh and drive to the diner. 

"Let's take our corner seat in the back." Finn points to their usual spot here.

I nod and follow.

"Hello, what would you guys like to get today?" the waiter asks us sweetly.

"I'll get some tea please," I answer the question.

"Coke"

"Pepsi"

"Ginger Ale" 

The waiter leaves to get our drinks.

"We usually get dinner, and then drive to the party," Rose tells me their thing as the boys throw insults as each other.

"Bro, bet that girl is going to give me her number," Poe brags.

"And what if she doesn't?" I ask Poe.

"Eh, I'll shrug it off. Finn and I usually like to make bets when we're at restaurants." I nod in an "okay."

 I look out the window getting a feeling that someone is watching me. I shrug it off and enjoy the dinner with Finn, Poe, and Rose.

"Ready to go to the party?" Finn looks at me.