Chapter 19: Who Do You Love

Start from the beginning

He gave her a look to continue.

"Umm they can just do whatever they want and go wherever they want. I think that's why I like them."

Kion's lips turned down slightly. He was suddenly reminded that she wasn't in the castle by choice. He wondered what would have happened if she never came here. He couldn't imagine his life without her, yet months ago he didn't even know her.

"My turn," (Y/n) said, breaking the blonde from his thoughts. "When did you start painting?"

Kion was pleasantly surprised by her question. So my sweet rose wants to know more about me.

"Ever since I was a kid. My parent's saw me drawing over the years. They would give me supplies, because they knew how much I enjoyed it."

"That's really cool," (Y/n) said blowing on the hot tea in her cup. "I'm glad you can do what you love."

His eyes softened. "What about you, what do you like to do? Any hobbies?"

(Y/n) let out a nervous chuckle. Before she was in the castle, she didn't really do much other than steal and scavenge. "Promise you won't think less of me," she whispered holding out her pinkie.

Kion wrapped his pinkie around hers. Nothing she could have done would make him think less of her.

"So there was this one shop owner--a total asshole--he owned a stall that sold little desserts. He would always call the guards on us, and we didn't even bother him. And he would also try to rip people off. Well one day, I decided to get him back," she paused and let out a short chuckle at the memory, "so, while he was distracted I put dirt in the basket with the chocolate powder."

Kion gave her a hearty laugh. "Wow, I didn't take you as the mischievous type."

"Well, what can I say, he deserved it."

"So what happened next," Kion asked leaning forward in interest.

"Well obviously all of his pastries with chocolate tasted like shit. People were angry and got his vendor license taken away. Haven't seen him sense."

"You really are amazing (Y/n)," he joked.

"You bet! My turn," (Y/n) sang out.

"Nope, you just went. Me asking you the same question didn't count."

"Cheater," (Y/n) pouted. Kion reached over and pat her head with a fake frown. 

He leaned back. He was conflicted. On one hand he didn't want to ruin the carefree mood, but on the other hand, there was a question in the back of his mind that he had to know. (Y/n) noticed his conflicted facial expression but didn't say anything. 

He would ask her.

"Do you love anyone (Y/n)?" he asked. 

(Y/n) felt a chill run down her spine. His intense gaze was set on her. (Y/n) crossed her legs and then uncrossed them. She let out an awkward chuckle. He stayed silent.

What an odd question, (Y/n) thought to herself. Oddly enough, she was very unsettled.

"Yes," she said.

Kion's face darkened. He was afraid of  that. He was stupid to think that (Y/n) wouldn't already have someone in her heart. Something new surfaced in him.

(Y/n) isn't supposed to love anyone else. She's supposed to love me. SHE HAS TO LOVE ME.

Unknowingly, Kion gripped onto the iron table. The metal bend beneath his fingers. (Y/n) flinched when a piece broke off. Kion seemed to break out of his trance.

He gave her a playful smirk, but it didn't quite reach his eyes. "Don't look so tense. I just want to know the name of the lucky someone that won the heart of my sweet rose," he said with a wave of his hand.

(Y/n) took in a deep breath. That's right, her blonde haired friend just wanted to get to know her better. She was just overthinking. (Y/n) smiled slightly, although the air around them still felt tense.

"His name is Liam," she replied tucking a loose hair behind her ear.

As soon as Kion heard the name come from her lips, he felt indescribable anger. He hid this from (Y/n) though, of course. He didn't want to scare her away.

"Lucky guy," he joked trying to lessen the tension.

"Thanks."

Kion pushed back his chair and stood up. "I hate to end this early, but I remembered...something I have to do."

(Y/n) was relieved. "It's no problem," she replied.

"I'll see you my sweet rose," he called out before briskly walking away.

(Y/n) shoved one last cookie into her mouth before leaving.

That was weird, she thought as she walked back.

-----------------------------------------------

Kion stormed into Ellis' office. The dark haired prince looked towards the male wondering why he was there.

"Liam," Kion heaved. "I need you to find someone named Liam."

Ellis looked at the younger prince in disinterest. "And why should I?"

Kion gave the male a pleading look. "Please just do this one thing for me. I'll owe you one," he said.

"Get out."

"But--"Kion started.

"Get out."

The blonde exited the office with disappointment. He wondered if he should tell Ellis the reason he wanted more information on the guy, but decided against it. He wouldn't understand. Ellis had never loved anyone, or so he thought.

1370 words

Next Update: Sat/Sun