taeil nodded, "absolutely no to girls."

lucas frowned, "why, hyung?" the boy was supposed to say more when he got scared by youngho and taeil's stare.

"we just saw an example of what girls may do to us. they only want us for power, for privilege." renjun suddenly spoke up.

"woah woah woah, wait, since when did you side with them?" donghyuck questioned in frustration.

youngho gaped at the young ones, "so there are sides now?"

jeno nodded bravely, "you can't erase those memories—"

"you guys are liars." mark chuckled bitterly.

"both sides have a point, yet both sides are also wrong." he stated as lucas agreed with him.

jungwoo feared of what's gonna happen next and tried to stop mark but it was no use, none of them were in their right state of mind.

ten furrowed his brows, "but you know what's right mark. the young ones should listen to the older ones, that's how we established it."

mark shook his head, "i'm not siding with anyone."

"you're the one who's a liar, mark." chenle pointed out.

"you know very well we won't be able to move on quickly–"

"and that's why we're doing this rule." taeil cuts him off.

"you're shutting everybody from the outside world!" jaemin argues.

"we want our freedom." jisung stated, although deep inside he was scared for disrespecting his older brothers.

"we had too much of it, look where it lead us." yuta spat.

their fight worsened as they began to shout and throw each other insults. neither side eas backing down.

"just shut the fuck up, na jaemin!" ten yelled.

"can't you just listen to us!? we're doing this for your own good!" doyoung exclaimed.

"own good? what even good would we get from shutting ourselves out!?"

"just stop it guys, i agree with the older ones." renjun chided.

chenle gave the older one a look of disbelief, "what happened to the dream kids not breaking apart?"

renjun scoffed, "dream kids is so lame, face it, you're all just soft and weak! that's why we got our hearts broken."

youngho smirked, "why don't the rest of you just be like renjun?"

jaemin rolled his eyes, "and let go of our freedom? yeah, not happening."

jungwoo's frown deepened and looked around, finding the person who could really stop this mess. he met eyes with taeyong, but something was different.

taeyong... wasn't the sweet brother anymore.

his eyes were cold and showed no emotion at all. it frightened jungwoo, but he had to be brave. "h-hyung..." he pleads softly.

taeyong stood up and faced everyone, causing them all to stop their arguments.

"hyung... you don't agree to this, right?" jisung's voice quaked.

taeyong could see the flash of hurt in jisung's eyes but he had to do it. it was to protect his brothers after all, to protect his family.

"i'm sorry, jisung. but i'm doing this for your own good." taeyong said monotonously and that secured everything in their minds. the taeyong they knew was no longer in front of them.

"anyone who rebels against the older ones would be punished."

"i have to keep my family safe, i'm not letting anyone die in front of us again." he stated, "i want to be a good brother and protect you all, you know that."

"this is for your good and safety."

"are you sure with your choices?" they all froze at the voice.

taeyong glanced over his shoulder and sighed, "mother, i—"

"i'm not saying anything about it, tae. i'm just worried for everyone." lady misun said as she walked in the pavilion with minseok.

"no need to worry about us, mother." taeil said softly.

"but are you sure you're making the right decision, tae? everyone?" lady misun looked at each one of them.

"are you going to shut yourself out just because of what happened? some of you know what happened to your father when lady haewon and lady althea died."

the princes who's mother was mention flinched upon hearing their names.

"the king also tried to shut himself out, it's a coward decision."

taeyong pursed his lips and faced his mother, "mother, i know what i'm doing."

lady misun's eyes softened at the sight of her son's bloodshot eyes. it was from all the crying. "this is for our good. we just wanted love, yet we were given pain."

lady misun smiled sadly, "i respect your decision, boys. as your mother, though i'm not everyone's real mother, i want the best for you boys."

"but remember, if you choose to love, you also choose to withstand the pain it comes with. no one loves happily, my dear." lady misun told them before turning and walking away, "love someone who doesn't matter who you are. love someone who cares about you and will love you even if you're not a prince."

"falling in love means falling in love with not just the person itself, but the persons soul."

she stops on her tracks and looks back at the boys once again, "i'll be happy to see you boys in love again, maybe some time? in a few years... maybe someone would heal those broken hearts."

yO whadup

y'all are cute btw jdkdjdkd the way you guys get hyped makes me hyped up (><)

-jibin