I looked towards the moonlit balcony, only to find a table set for two, with a huge candle in middle.
Candle night dinner. Huh? David is cliché!

"Erica?", I turn to him to only find him spreading his hand indicating towards the jacket I was wearing.
Now when I knew no one would see me except him, I was fine with it. Also, I have promised him.

Nodding, I slowly took off the jacket, and gave it to him. The fresh wave of air hits me suddenly making me self conscious.

When I look up at him, he's already keeping the jacket away. Out of my reach ofcourse.

He makes a call, and the waiter enters to arrange the table. Meanwhile, he held my hand and led me outside to the balcony that had a beautiful beachside view.

"Hmm...I never knew you were a beach boy!", I chuckled while he gave me a raised eyebrow.
"I am a lot more things, and you still have to explore alot!"
"That will be exciting!", I mused.
"Oh! Don't ask me...."

We fell in silence then, until the waiter announced our dinner is served.

I went to take a seat opposite him, but my chair was pulled back even before I could reach it.

Uh? Eric Ashton is being a gentleman!!

I was amused and probably he noticed the smile that was threatening to come on my face.
"I..David said I should pull the chair!"
I took the seat, "Ofcourse Eric!", I chuckled.

He sat opposite to me, and then started pouring vine in the glass kept before me. God! He was actually trying to be a gentleman! But his distaste towards this stuff could be seen from the small frown on his already confused face.

"Erica..here!", I took the glass from him smilingly.

The dinner was already served and I removed the lid to reveal my favourite Chinese noodles, with chicken soup and glazed salad.
When I looked at him, I saw the same served for him.

"You don't like Chinese noodles!", I pointed at his plate.
He nodded a little looking at the plate and then looked up, "I can always try...."
I swear it is David who told him to do so.
That man! He's not only giving him directions for date, but taking his own revenge on the poor soul of my boyfriend.

E R I C

She excused herself in between the meal!
I think I made a mistake...

I tried to recall all the things.

1. Open the car door for her.
2. Always walk behind her.
3. Answer all her questions.
4. Shoot glares at men ogling at her.
5. Pull the chair for her.
6. Serve her drink, and eat the same meal as her.
7. Keep her engaged during the meal.
8. Ask her for a dance.
9. Kiss on her knuckles at the end.
10. Demand a kiss at the end of the night, only when you do all nine points above.

Shit! I never knew this could be so bloody hard.

"You looking deep in thoughts!", She came and took a place on her chair.
I shook my head, "No nothing!"

I gulped the spicy noodles down, because I swear I don't like them at all. But anything for her.

Soon after, the waiter came in with something in his hand. I scowled looking at him, "I told him you don't have to disturb us now!"

The man flinched but Erica soon intervened, "I called him Eric!", She turned to the waiter, "Please serve.."
He came forward and pulled the plate from before me, before keeping a plate of Italian lasagna, the one I like the most, and left.

I was dumbfounded, while she was looking at me with a raised eyebrow.
"W_what? I mean h_how?"

She sighed and leaned forward, "You don't have to be a gentleman with me Eric! Ideally, I should be the person you should be most comfortable around and have to be yourself. You think I have not noticed how you're trying to adopt those cliché methods to impress? Well, for your kind information, after you I don't think I will ever like a gentleman.."