Chapter 9: Maybe My Luck Is Turning Around

Derek's POV-

I'm so damn frustrated that we haven't found Stiles. The fact that I have to see his daemon boyfriend, Damon, makes it even worse. I was walking towards Stiles' hospital room, to see if I could catch a scent, when I saw someone that looked exactly like the guy I fought when Stiles was taken, walk out of the room.

I silently walked towards making sure I wasn't seen or heard by him and toik him by surprise and dragged him back inside the room.

He turned around ready to attack but when he saw my face, he relaxed.

"I believe you are Derek Hale, Alpha of Beacon Hills, correct?"

I nodded my head as an answer, and asked him, "Why are you here and where is Stiles?"

He gestured for me to release him so I did and he sat down on the hospital bed, as I stood in front of the door in case he tried to run away.

He sighed and said, "My name is Rhys, I am the second-in-command of the Elves."

I gasped because I didn't even notice that he had any features of an elf until he mentioned he was one. I noticed the pointed ears, the glowing eyes, and the soft, eternal youthful face of his.

I nodded for him to continue and he did.

"We came to Beacon Hills because we were trying to find the lost prince of our kind. His name was to Genim Stiles Stilinski."

I gasped, but he ignored it and continued saying, "When our leader Jargon, found out not only the lost prince was alive but also his long lost nephew was here, we came at once."

"Wait, you said his nephew?"

"Yes. Jargon's sister, Claudia was the queen of our kind, but she died a long time ago. No one knew where her son was or if he was alive. Then when we found out that there was a possibility he was here, we came as fast as we could."

Comprehension and understanding came over my face. They weren't here to hurt Stiles, but to take him to unlock his potential of being the king of the Elves.

"I'm understanding why you came but what I don't understand is why did you fight my pack."

He looked deep in thought, and then he finally answered, "Jargon thought that you were a threat to Stiles so he wanted us to fight you guys to keep you occupied as he took Stiles undetected."

I nodded my head in understanding.

"Can you please take me to him please?"

He nodded his head yes and said, "That is why I came back because Stiles wanted someone to bring you to him."

All I could think was that Stiles didn't want anyone else but me to come.

Maybe all I had to do was not give up of finding Stiles and my luck would turn around.