Chapter 4: Slightly Confused

Stiles POV-

I was confused as to where I was at the moment. Then I remembered I was visiting my father who was in the hospital due to an injury. I then remembered I fainted because of the injuries I saw on my father's body. I opened my eyes, but my vision was kind of blurry. When my vision cleared I saw Derek and the rest of the pack around me. I also noticed that Damon was nowhere to be found in the people surrounding me.

I asked the obvious question, "Why are you guys around me and where is Damon?"

They all looked at me with slight discomfort. I asked the question again, but this time louder.

"Where is Damon? I won't ask again?" I said with visible anger.

Derek spoke up with an uncertain look on his face, "He ran to your house saying he had to calm down."

A look of understanding came over my face and my mouth made a O shape.

I knew the reason he wasn't here beside and my thoughts went to why everyone was around me.

I looked to them and saw them look at me with confused eyes. I asked them speaking with a loud and clear voice, "Why are you guys around me and shouldn't you guys go visit my dad?? I mean that is why you guys are even at the hospital."

They all had uncomfortable looks on their faces like I asked who was the person who murdered my best friend.

Scott cleared his throat and answered awkwardly, "Umm, we care about you Stiles and we are here for support through your rough time. "

I got confused and if you knew me long enough you would know that I hate being confused and I need to always figure something out, whether the problem was big or small.

I nodded, while comtemplating if his words were actually true. I didn't finish that thought because at that moment Damon walked through the door and came running to my side.

He pushed through the little crowd surrounding me and gave me a tight hug. I blushed when I heard him say, "I love you Stiles. Don't you ever scare me like that ever again."

I nodded solemnly knowing he wasn't joking and I whispered, so only  he would hear, "Love you too Damon."

He pulled back from giving me a hug and gave me a slight smirk. I don't know for how long we were staring into each others eyes but it felt like a long time.

Our moment was interrupted by an impatient cough. I looked to see Derek giving Damon the 'I will kill you, when I find the time' glare. I saw Damon look at him with a dangerous smirk he only saved when he was giving a warning.

I cleared my throat and their eyes turned to me and they asked me at the same time, "What can I get you Stiles?"

I looked at one and looked to the other, and thought 'What the hell' was going on.

My thoughts were interrupted though when Damon turned his head slightly and a frown came over his face.

I knew what this meant, something was wrong with my dad. I looked at him with tears in my eyes.

"Can you save him Damon," I asked soberly.

He nodded and looked at me and said, "I can but it could change him."

I nodded with understanding.

"Go," I said sadly.

He left quietly out the door. Everyone was looking at me with confusion, but I didn't take notice of it.

Damon came in minutes later, and walked up to me and said, "He is fine. When I got to his room, the doctor and nurse had it under control, so I slipped away quietly."

A look of relief came over my face and I nodded glad to hear the good news.

Damon came up to me and looked into my eyes and said, "You need to rest Stiles."

I knew without a doubt that he wasn't trying to compell me, but that he trying to make sure I okay.

I nodded with drowsy eyes and felt like I had a ton of bricks on my eyes.

I closed my eyes to the sound of Damon ushering everyone out of the door.

What I didn't know was that someone managed to stay behind. Someone I wouldn't have thought for it to be.