Chapter 7: Secrets Are Revealed

Stiles' POV-

I was in the car for what felt like hours, and I was under constant scrutiny. Everyone looked at me, even the driver, like I was a new exhibition at a museum.

I understood how they felt though because I couldn't stop staring at them. If I stopped looking at one person, I looked at someone else.

Suddenly the car stopped abruptly. I jerked forward but luckily my seatbelt saved me from getting a concussion. I looked outside to see a group of mysterious men, like the people I was riding with, surrounding the car.

I was slightly frightened but I calmed down when I saw the elf-like people's eyes glow around me. I was scared but in awe at what I saw, suddenly I felt a warm glow coming from me.

I looked into the rear-view mirror to see my eyes glowing a bright gold. Everyone around me looked at me with wonder and awe, yet I was slightly scared of what this meant.

Next thing I knew, I'm suddenly staring into the glowing blue eyes of a man with long dark, braided hair. He looked into my eyes and whispered something in a language, I didn't know that I could understand.

He said to me in Elfin, "Hello, young one. My name is Jargon. Welcome to the world of elves."

I was so shocked that I could do was nod my head in comprehension. I then realized after the shock wore ff that I was in a world that I predicted existed.

Next thing I knew I was laughing hysterically and the elf in front of me, looked at me like I was crazy. When I finally stopped laughing with a few tears still running out of my eyes, I explained why I was laughing.

"I'm so sorry. You must think I'm a lunatic, but the reason why I was laughing is because I predicted that you guys were elves, and then when you said you were elves, something must have set off inside of me."

A look of understanding came upon his face and he nodded to my explanation. I looked around to see everyone nodding to what I just said, looks like I was very loud when I explained or they just have really good hearing.

Suddenly unaware a guy just started laughing out of nowhere. What was so funny?

Then I thought what if he could read minds, then I started repeating in my head, 'I wish I could have some cheese fries and a soda right now'.

I looked over at the guy and sae him mouth, 'You want some cheese fries and a soda'. I nodded impressed, that must a blessing and curse to read minds.

I looked over to him and saw him nod sadly.

I looked to the elf in front of me, who I thought was the most important, and saw he was looking at me with amusement.

"I see you figured out Rae's gift of reading minds. How did you figure it out?"

"Well I thought something in my head, and I saw he was laughing silently, and while he was laughing, I thought what if he could read minds, so I put my theory to the test. I said something in my head, and when I looked over to him, he mouthed what I said."

"Aww you are very intelligent, young one."

What I didn't know though was that we had our conversation in Elfin. I looked around us and saw people looking at with wonder on their faces. I was wondering what people were looking at until realization dawned on me.

I was speaking in Elfin the entire time I was talking to Jargon. I was smiling happily, I couldn't wait to tell Derek this, but then I realized I wasn't with Derek, but with elves who know my heritage.

I decided to make the best of my situation, by learning all I could and figuring out what my mom didn't have the chance to tell me before she died.