Prolouge

"And don't be reckless." JiangCheng said to JinLing. Tonight JinLing was going to nighthunt with LanSizhui and LanJingyi. And this time he made sure that his uncle won't follow him.

"Okay." He replied.

"No need to hang on a prey if its too ferocious." JiangCheng continued. JinLing again said, "Okay."

"Don't get into troubles. Okay?" JiangCheng added. "Okay" JinLing answered.

"Are you listening to me?"

"Okay."

"..."

"Ah..uh... I mean yes, I'm listening." JinLing defended himself.

JiangChend knitted his brows and humph-ed. He swift the hem of his robe, and turned around facing his back to JinLing. He said in low voice, "And don't get hurt."

JinLing crossed his arms and said, "I'm a grown up man now. A few scratches won't hurt me."

JiangCheng said, "You'll always be a kid for me. Even when you turn fifty."

JinLing agrued, "When I'll fifty I'll be called an old man, and also a great cultivator." JiangCheng turned around and said, "That we'll see in future, if you'll be a 'great cultivator' or not."

JinLing wanted to argue back, but he knew he was getting late. He said, "Whatever. I'm leaving now." JiangCheng "hmm"-ed in response, and went inside the ancestral hall of Lotus Pier.

_________________

'Oh damn. I'm getting late.' JinLing thought in his mind as he was running as fast as he could with Fairy, his cute spiritual dog behind him.

There were going to night hunt on Dafan mountain, where they first met. As he ran nearer to the foot of Dafan mountain, he recognized two silhoutte clad in white robe, outshining in black night. Their white forehead ribbon contrasting with their black hair.

But he abruptly stopped his steps, and Fairy too stopped but didn't bark as she didn't sensed any evil energy.

However, the corner of JinLing's lips curved up with evil intensions. He thought 'I'll silently reach for them from behind the trees, and scare them. Jingyi for sure will pee his pants."

Fairy's face twitched seeing his expression. He went into the bushes and without making any sound, moved forward and so did Fairy.

After he reached to them, he gestured Fairy to be quite. And she quietly nodded.

He was about to scare them, when he heard Jingyi whine, "Agrhhh! When will Young Mistress Jin come."

JinLing was raged up, for indicating him as 'mistress'. He was about to explode. But he heard Sizhui say, "That's what makes him cute. Isn't it?"

For some unknown reason, JinLing standing against the cold tree, still felt hot. He felt that his face was burning.

Jingyi was about to answer, but then he saw JinLing popped out of the dark, his face like tomato and Fairy behind him.

Sizhui turned around as well. For a moment their gaze met before JinLing diverted his gaze. Sizhui smiled, "So you're finally here, lets go together."

Jingyi made a fist of his left hand and shoot it in air and said, "Today we're gonna kill many evil things." He said it like a hero. However, from side scene JinLing said with a poker face, "But make sure not to faint before you even kill one of them."

Jingyi exclaimed, "What do you mean?!"

JinLing shouted, "Are you so dumb that you can't even understand human language?!"

There they go again. They started bickering. Sizhui sighed. He kept his hand on JinLing's shoulder, he was about to open his mouth to speak, but then JinLing abruptly froze.

Jingyi thought that he must've seen a corpse behind him that his expression turned solemn. He slowly but steadily turned his head to see only grasses and trees.

Sizhui removed his hand that was on JinLing's shoulder, only then JinLing was finally able to snap out into reality.

He said, "Le-Lets go! Fairy come." Fairy woofed in response. Both Sizhui and Jingyi were confused and shared a mutual eye contact, and nevertheless followed him.

As they went deeper into the mountain, the path that was directed by the moonlight seemed fainter.

The whole mountain was strangely silent. Jingyi spoke, "D-d-did you made s-sure that your uncle won't come?"

JinLing didn't even turned around and said, "Yes."

Jingyi again spoke, "A-and Sizhui what about G-ghost general? Won't he come with us?"

Sizhui shook his head and said, "Nope. Didn't we decide that we'll do this nigh thunt alone?!"

Jingyi's face turned even paler, as he replied, "Ye-yeah."

Suddenly, Fairy started to bark. Everybody became alarmed. Fairy was a spiritual dog, so it won't bark so furiously unless it senses evil energy luring around.

Everyone's hands were on the hilt of their sword.

There came a ferocious scream from their left side. They immediately turned around. The corpse was fast, though it wasn't as fast as WenNing, the Ghost General. But it still can't be regarded as an average level corpse.

As it came out of dark, it directly charged at Sizhui. Sizhui blocked the attack with this sword and attacked the corpse. It all happened in mere fraction of seconds.

Jingyi and JinLing were taken aback, but then they too charged at the ferocious corpse.

From behind the corpse, came a dozen more corpse. And all them had a good agility and strength.

Fairy barked and tried to bite on them. But of course they were already dead, and couldn't feel any pain. They could only either be burnt or slashed into pieces.

All of them shared a mutual look. They were outnumbered and those corpse were all strong. For now the best option would be to retreat.

They all ran back to where they came from. But there was a fork of path, and to reach the foot of mountain they had to choose the left one.

Jingyi was the one who was way too ahead, running like a mad man, he took a left turn. JinLing however didn't care where he went, Sizhui was just following him.

After running for a while JinLing stopped and Sizhui behind him struck on his back. JinLing was about to fall, but kept his balance.

Then he looked here and there and said, "Where's Fairy?" Sizhui massaged his temples and said, "Where's Jingyi?"

And they both exclaimed, "Where are we?!"

________________________________________
A/N
Hello mdzs fans ♡