[7.9]

"hey ry." i said as i poked my head in through ryan's window. he faced me and smiled. "hey brendon." he greeted me.

     i climbed into his room and looked down from where i came from. "god, that was fucking high." i muttered. "well, did you fall?" ryan raised an eyebrow and smiled even wider. "does it look like it?" i sat on the bed next to him. "yeah, a little." he chuckled. i rolled my eyes and laughed.

     "so, what're you up too?" i asked, scooting closer to him. "i was just reading this book, invisible monsters." he responded as he held up the book. "oh, sounds cool." i nodded. "oh right, i forgot. you don't read." ryan set the book down and grinned.

     "i read your text messages, is that good enough?" i rested my head on his shoulder. "sure, why not?" he laughed.

     "ryan, i'm sorry." i sighed. ryan looked at me with a confused look. "why? what's wrong?" he pouted. "the whole thing this week, when i ignored you and all that. i'm sorry." i shook my head. "we've been over this, bren, it's okay. i'm okay, you're okay, everything's okay." ryan put an arm around my shoulders. "yeah, i just- i feel bad. both of us were too scared to talk to each other and once we finally did it ended in me screaming at you." i told him. "it's okay, i promise. you have your reasons, everything is alright." he whispered.

     i stayed quiet for a while before saying, "i missed you." "what's up with you being all sentimental tonight?" ryan teased. "i don't know, i guess i'm just a sentimental boy." i shrugged. ryan playfully pushed me away and started laughing. i began to laugh as well. "you're so dumb." he chuckled. "i'm sorry that i don't spend my free time reading like you," i smiled, "but seriously, i really did miss you."

     "i missed you, too."