chapter seven

Junkyard street

Part two

"If I hadn't met Kashim again that day...That incident might not have happened."

"That incident?" Aladdin asked as his blue eyes looked at Alibaba's figure, who was too busy looking down at the hard floor.

"I told you about it before, didn't I? About the time I slipped us very badly..."

"That incident..."

'Kashim!' The younger Alibaba thought in shock seeing his childhood friend again.

"After all that time he had changed quite a bit, but that just have to be him. Kashim looked surprised, wearing a bizarre expression as if he'd met a dead person. Because of the way we had parted, I hesitated to speak first... But, in the end, still spoke First."

"Ka... Aren't you Kashim? It's been a while..." Alibaba said, his tone being awkward as he tried to reach towards the male figure.

Kashim suddenly made a giant smile as his cheeks tinted with pink and said loudly, "Yo, if it isn't Alibaba! It's been such a long time! HAHAHA!" He swung his arm on Alibaba's shoulder as his voice continued to stay energetic,"What's with you?! Why are you in a place like this?"

"Ah, I somehow managed to get out of there!" Alibaba said as he bashfully rubbed his nape with his hand.

"For real? Me too! What a coincidence!"

"At the time, I didn't know what was going on in his mind. To be frank, talking to him was fun and nostalgic... But now. As I recall, I realise. We had a moment when his eyes were filled with darkness... On that day, from the moment he met me, he had made a decision. That would cause that incident to happen."

"......"

"Alibaba." Atsukei looked at him with worry as his story began to take a dark turn. She put her hand on his shoulder making him look up as his golden eyes met with her mismatched ones, she gave a smile of comfort making him give a smile in return. But it was soon gone as he continued his story.

"Let's go for a drink."

"I didn't know the meaning of those words. That was because we weren't of age yet. But it wasn't vexing. I felt that he was more mature than I was... And so I followed him. And then I found out... that he was a regular of that shop! One frightening adult after another was bowing to a brat like him. As I have him a closer look, it seemed that he was surrounded by money."

"For now, a toast for our reunion."

"Ka... Kashim what have you been doing up until now?" Alibaba tried to struck a conversation but was hesitant from the lack of answer."Where's your younger sister, Mariam, and the rest of the people in the Slums?"

"................"

"The Slums don't exist anymore! They've been chased out of the country. What kind of question is that for our reunion? Well, everyone lives in a different residents states now." Kashim said as his face turned blank as he began to drink as he waved his hand lazily.

"........"

"You really don't know anything, huh?"