Part 21

POV Lia

        "A tail?" I asked.  Who would tail us.  Well that was a stupid question wasn't it.  I've made so many enemies and I'm sure Cam has to.
"Unmarked car with no plates. It couldn't be my dad, that's not his style. He would write his name across the front of the car just to make sure you knew he was coming for you. All the gangs I could think of would take responsibility. Do you think it could have been a cop?"
"Hopefully it wasn't. We haven't stirred much in the gang world lately, just the usual. Guns and drugs," I said.
"A local cop wouldn't use no plates, but maybe a fed would. I hope the feds aren't after us, that will make my life a lot more difficult."
"Mine too. Multiple accounts of murder, manslaughter, affiliation with a gang, selling of a controlled substance, and a lot more. Enough to send me to death row if I get convicted." Cam wrapped next in her arms on the bed and held me tight.
"They'll have to go through me to get to you. I'd take a thousand bullets before I let that happen," Cam reassured me.
"𝙎𝙝𝙪𝙩 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙢𝙤𝙪𝙩𝙝 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙧𝙪𝙣 𝙢𝙚 𝙡𝙞𝙠𝙚 𝙖 𝙧𝙞𝙫𝙚𝙧". I woke up to singing. Cam was sitting in a the bay window in her room. I laid strewn across her bed. Her voice was rough but so good. It was a voice you could listen to forever and never get tired. She walked to the bathroom and into the shower. She started the belting part and it was amazing. If she didn't have all this shit in her life she could've been the best performer of our generation. An icon for every closeted lesbian that they could make it to wherever they wanted to be. I just laid and listened to her voice, it almost put me to sleep again. Almost.
The bathroom door opened and revealed Cam. Her hair wet and water still dripping down her neck. Girl should know better than to walk out in just a sports bra and shorts. I shook my head at her.
"Morning love," she told me climbing back on the bed. I turned with my back facing her. She pulled me in and I could feel the warmth from the water on her skin. I crossed my arms and did my attempt at pouting. She kissed my lips and told me "sorry love but we both know you suck at pouting." Let's just say my retort led to us not leaving that bed for a few hours more.
When I had finally left my bed to take a shower Cam said she was going to be downstairs. I am so glad she soundproofed this room. I hopped in and out of the shower and got changed. I walked down the stairs and into the kitchen. I poured myself some cereal and turned around to a huge gasp from Nolan.

I've decided to start a thing for people that I get a lot of notifications from for supporting my book. The three people this chapter is @mafaro @martyn_
candler @snantroup Thanks guys and everyone who read this chapter.  Also thank you so much for 3k.

~Luna