Monthly Notice Pt.2

Start from the beginning

"Well geez. After everything I've been through I don't think pain killers are my ideal go to." Mused Carol as she scrutinized the small orange colored bottle that had been placed in front of her on the counter. Picking up the bottle for further examination, she heard an amused scoff come from Daryl who was leaning against her counter.

"There Connie's."

Finally her eyes met his after looking at the bottle, raising a knowing brow a smirk danced its way onto her lips.

"So that's how your love life's been going so far isn't it? You being a little rough on late nights?"

Daryl sighed," Carol." His voice low and gruff, giving a warning that she was toeing a thin line.

"Oh, come on" she teases with a smile," don't act like your not having fun late nights with her. You've been more easy going after you got with Connie and we all know the happier you are the more your getting."

Watching a blush rise to his face, she couldn't help but poke fun at her long time best friend who was finally content with life. His eyes briefly dropped from hers and to the counter while his hands fidgeted. Seeing he was uncomfortable with the subject her smile lingered.

"So these are Connie's?" She asked, switching subjects and watching him give a nod followed by a gruff" Yeah".

"So why exactly did you bring these to me?"

He shrugged," Don't know. I need help. Thought you could spare me some time."

With a questioning gaze written upon her face, she glanced back to the bottle in her hand before setting it back down onto the counter.

"Well I can assure you she's no druggy" Carol lightheartedly teased," is she hurt?"

Daryl shook his head.

"Nah. I don't think so." Innocent and unsure, Daryl really was at a lost here and couldn't help come up with any other information for Carol to help him with.

His eyes fell from Carol's as he reached for the faded orange colored bottle on the counter. He didn't like the label that was written on it. If anything he wished Connie hadn't had them. He didn't want her to be in any sort of pain and if she was, he wanted her to tell him. They were a team and he'd always be there for her if she hadn't known that already.

He guessed maybe he'd been in his own head too long, staring at the bottle in his hand when he heard Carol sigh, causing his eyes to raise to her knowing ones.

"Your at a loss. I see it in your face." Arms crossing, she read him like a book knowing that he wasn't going to reply when his eyes dropped back to the bottle that gave his eyes a shimmer of guilt.

"How's she been lately? " trying to help the best she could, she hoped her question would lead to something other than an I don't know from him.

Daryl set the bottle aside and thought about that question. Taking a brief moment of silence, he answered.

"Dismissive" he gruffly admit, eyes raising back to Carol," I haven't really been near her lately. I get the feeling she wants her space." His words came out low with a hint of longing in his words as if he'd been a little hurt from her being distant.

Though it raised many questions for Carol, so she asked on what direction her mind was going towards. Connie hadn't wanted to be near him lately and had wanted her space. To her she had an idea of many that played into mind.