Gladstone x Witch! Reader

Living with a spunky roommate wasn't the easiest thing to do. She's like the annoying younger sibling you can't seem to get rid off.

"Where is it??" I look under my bed, through all of my shelves twice, and pretty much everywhere else in the apartment. "Oh my god, where are you?!" I open the kitchen cabinet then close it knowing that it's not there.
"I swear if Rory's been messing with my stuff again I'm gonna beat her ass."
"argh! She knows better than to mess with my book of shadows." I toss the pillow back down on the sofa.

"Rory!", I scream.

"Whaat.." Rory groggily peaks out of her doorway to look at me. She must of somehow slept through me tearing the apartment apart and me rambling about her.

"Have you seen my Book of Shadows??", I demand.

"Your what?"

"My Book of Shadows. You know the book with the pentacle I always write in. It's literally one of my most prized possessions."

"Is it kinda large,,?" Rory asks and her eyes widen. Size is relative, making it a dumb question but I answer it nonetheless.

"Sure." She seems to be getting jittery. Something's up.

"Was it in the bookcase beneath your altar--? You know hidden among your other books." Ok that's oddly specific..

"Yes.."

"Oh,, well.. Uh, funny story actually..", she scratches her neck, "So uh,, you know how I was gone Saturday.. Well uh,, we're getting quite low on cash, as you know.. Seeing as we both get paid minimum wage, and in crippling student debt.. So uh,, I thought I'd be a good idea to have a yard sale." Rory lets out an awkward chuckle.

"YOU SOLD MY BOOK OF SHADOWS?!?" I SEIZED her shoulders.

"Now, now,, before you get mad.. We did get $150 dollars out of the yard sale." As if that makes it any better. And she'll probably use the money to buy some dumb shit like a Darkwing Duck cardboard cutout.

"MAD? I'M LIVID. YOU SOLD THE ONLY THING THAT KEPT ME SANE. I PUT MY LIFE INTO THAT BOOK!", I screech and almost tear my hair out.

She reassures, "(Y/N),, fine we'll try to find it.. Somehow.."
"So the guy I sold it to was quite peculiar,, like he wasn't strange.. But the things that happened to him were.."

"Rory that makes no sense, what is your point-" I sigh, exasperated and try not to go absolutely feral on her.

"Shshsh,, the world literally seemed to revolve around him. This man,, was short like eight bucks on your book,, but then-- suddenly,, and without warning,, a crisp 20 dollar bill flew into is billfold." The girl reminisced, seeming going into a flashback as if this were a cartoon.

"What?", I deadpanned.

"Exactly. that's what I said.
The goose had a really nice appearance, you wouldn't expect him to be shopping at some run down yard sale... He was attractive to say the least. He had curly hair,, and wore a nice green blazer."

"Did you catch his name,,?", I ask.

"He didn't throw it." I sigh and face palm.

We looked throughout town to try and find this guy but eventually we gave up. I resorted to scrawling my entries onto scrap pieces of paper until I could afford a new book.

/// time skip to like,, a week ///

"Curly hair.. nice eyebrows.. green blazer.. attractive..he fits Rory's description," I mumble to myself.
I keep a close eye on him while he sits down at his table and opens my book to read. I tear my apron off and shove it into my coworker Hannah's arms. "Hannah, I have to take care of something. Cover for me."
She nods fully understanding. (I vent to her a lot.)

"Excuse me, sir, I believe you have something of mine." I say in the politest voice I could muster. He raises an eyebrow.

"I'm not sure I know what you mean?" He looks confused and concerned.

"The book. My idiotic roommate put it in her yard sale..
It's my most prized possession and I'd appreciate if you gave it back." I dropped the act, I couldn't take it anymore. It's right there. I'm so emotionally drained.

"Oh, I didn't realize," he says and shuts the book.

"Here how much did you pay for it,, what $20?" I rifle through my wallet trying to find a twenty dollar bill.

"No, take it. Keep the cash for the trouble." The man states. He hands the book back over to me. I softly grin.

"Oh. Well, thanks," I say pleasantly surprised. "Say what was your name again?"

"Gladstone Gander, and I suppose you're (Y/N)." I pause for a moment and my heart sinks. He's read my book,, he probably knows me just as well as I do now.

"Haha yeah, that's me.. Well it's been nice talking to ya, but I have to get back to work."

"(Y/N) before you go take this." Gladstone scrawls a bunch of numbers on a napkin and hands it to me.

***
Later on after work I text Gladstone thanking him for giving the book back and for being so kind about it too. Anyone else could of refused.

Texting: "Hi it's (Y/N). I just wanted to thank you for being so understanding about my book and giving it back so willingly. Anyone else might of refused and I would never see it again. So thanks again :-)"

"Lucky it was me and not someone else then!"

"Yeah" "Also can you please not bring up the stuff in my shadow book. It's really personal and I've never shown it to anyone. The fact that someone's read it makes me want to vomit from anxiety. So yeah I'd really appreciate that!"

"I never saw a thing ;)"

We continued to talk often. Gladstone visited the cafe I worked at everyday and I snuck him a coffee on the house. You know we really hit it off well. Rory teases me about our friendship multiple times a day but it's whatever I suppose. Without her I'd wouldn't of met Gladstone, so I'll let the teasing slide. This time.

- - - -

Uh, so y/n's is a realistic witch yknow like witches in real life ((at least in this one)),, idk I just find the concept of gladstone being interested/knowledgeable of witchcraft cool..
Haha might mess around and make more of these 😳✌️

So this may be a part one

I'm gonna try to make art on my phone before uploading so here is he,,

Thanks for reading!