RIP Vine |Mark x Reader

Bro this is a REALLY old fanfic and uh I'm sorry but I saw a tumblr post with mark using that vine and yeah that's what inspired this😔👊
I have other ideas for mark I just haven't gotten around to writing them

occasional swearing, one (1) dead vine, cheesy/bad
***

Who would've known that the to-be billionaire, Mark Beaks, could be such a child. I am currently being dragged to the park, of all places. Mark had begged me to go with him, and didn't give any reason as to why.
Mark rushed out of the car. As to which I slowly trailed behind him. I absentmindedly stared at my phone paying no attention to Mark.
"Hey (Y/n)!", he yelled.

I look up to see Mark holding a basketball. "I'm not even going to ask where you got that." He started dribbling the ball, and to be frank he wasn't very good at it. "So you brought me here to play basketball."
"Nope (Y/n), now record me."

I pulled out my phone and gave him a thumbs up, signifying that I was ready. "This one's to end racism!", Mark yelled then shot the basketball. The ball bounced off the rim and launched itself back at Mark.
I wheeze.
"Iconic," I tell him. Mark goes and retrieves the ball and returns to his starting position. "This one to end racism!", he yells once again. He still misses.

"My ex wife still misses me but her aim is getting better!" I've been yelling stupid things and obscure references to things everytime Mark misses. He's quite fed up with me. I watch him dribble the ball for the hundredth time already.
He shoots the ball. It rolls around on the rim and finally lands in. Mark and I begin screaming like lunatics, scaring moms and their children in the process. I stop recording and Mark makes a mad dash towards me.

"Send that to me ASAP." I nod then send the footage to him. He gets a ping on his phone within seconds. Mark grabs my hand and drags me over to the park bench. We rewatch the videos I took. Not long after he uploads the footage to Instaquack. His phone immediately blows up with notifications.

Meanwhile, I'm working on something of my own. I take all of the failed video clips and compile them into one. I didn't even notice Mark taking a selfie with me.
Right as I finished editing my phone began to blow up as well. Which is really strange considering my inconsistent upload schedule. I click on my main account with several new follows and mentions.

"@themarkbeaks mentioned you in a story."

It was a selfie of us from just a moment ago, with the caption: "Filming with @[yourusername]" with a camera emoji, a basketball emoji, and a heart emoji. My face reddened but I roll my eyes and ignore it anyways.
I upload the bloopers with the caption: "Welp, when life gives you lemons,,,, out filming shit with this loser Mr. I can't shoot a basketball to save my life aka @themarkbeaks"

The likes are almost instantaneous. The comments are mostly of people saying they shipped us, which I don't get why. "Hey you wanna get going?" The sound of Mark's voice surprised me, causing me to jump a bit. I just nod, then leave.

Soon enough the two of us were in the back row of Mark's car. I sit leaning up against him thinking nothing of it, he didn't mind whatsoever. A few minutes into driving, I had come to the conclusion I had no idea where we were going. "Hey Mark, where are we heading?", I ask.

"Surprise." I can't tell whether or not he's being sarcastic.

"A-alright." My attention returns to my phone. The car takes a turn, then stops. I sit up and examine my surroundings, we're in a parking lot, in front of a shop. And that's all I could decern, after all I never go on this side of town. "Where are we?"

Turns out we stopped at a cute cafe. The two of us take a seat in the empty corner of the room. A moment or two later the waitress comes up to take our order, then ran off. Mark, of course, is staring at his phone. I let out a soft huff and drum my fingertips on the tabletop.

I myself pull out my phone to ignore the fact that I was being ignored. I wish that I could just talk, not wait to be spoken to, you know? And another thing, I wish that he would pay attention to me. Put the freaking phone down for once.

A couple of fans run up to Mark wanting to take a photo. Which doesn't bother me too much. It's actually something that I got used to. Mark being Mark agrees. "You know they don't deserve you," one of them says out of the blue.
Mark is taken aback. "Excuse you?"

"Don't act like you don't know what I'm talking about. They're clearly holding you back." I sit there pretending to not be paying any attention. Mark grabs my hand and squeezes it.

"I'll have you know that (Y/n) is one of the most beautiful, kind, amazing people I know. Hell, they're more intelligent than half of my employees. (Y/n) is very important to me and I will not have you put them down in any way, shape, or form."
They scoff and leave.

I'm dying from embarrassment.

Mark is livid. "Cmon lets go." We sit silently in the car for awhile until Mark speaks up again. "You don't deserve to be treated like that."

"I appreciate you standing up for me like that, but it's over. There's no need to be upset over it."

"(Y/n) listen, I like you, and whatever hurts you hurts me." Before I can comprehend the situation he leans in and presses his beak mine. "I love you."
"That was cheesy." I kiss him back nonetheless with a really stupid grin on my face. "I love you too, dork."

***
(A/N) Oof gross 😔✌️

Ok but does anyone remember this oneshot, I had it uploaded at one point but then I took it down??

End of chapter art:

Thanks for reading!

Thanks for reading!

Edit: tysm for 1k reads 🥺💕