|Prologue|

Usually, when a romance story involves a thug and a college girl, people automatically assume that those two will eventually get together before or by the end of the story.

In my case, that didn't happen. Jeez, how cliche do you think I am? Originality is what makes every story unique, and I must say, my story - our story - is far from cliche.

The name's Chenelle Hampton, and despite how fancy sounding my name is, I ain't posh or rich whatsoever - my father is, but those bills don't have my name on it. Anyway, my biggest dream was to become a cosmetologist, like my aunt, and work with her in my mother's old salon. I busted my ass through high school and avoided any and every temptation, such as drinking, partying, and - the worse of the bunch - dating. Alongside school, I worked at Apollo's, a popular coffee shop in my city; and when graduation came, the first thing I did was apply for college at Stilwater University. Everything was seeming to go as planned until I ran into him.

I really couldn't stand him the first time I met him. He was a rude, chesty prick! I'm not exaggerating; he went from shooting me some game to cussing me out within a mere eight minutes. Yes, I was counting. After a while of being forced to hang out with each other, we were okay. We weren't friends nor were we enemies, a pure acquaintance-ship.

Down the line, he eventually became my right-hand man, but definitely not my lover. I refused to love - I couldn't love. I never loved anyone except my family, and after losing the ones closest to me, my mother amongst many of the other fallen, I swore I'll never love anyone like that again.

As the newfound leader of the most notorious gang in Stilwater - we'll talk about how that came to be later - aiding in the fight to end the corruption going on in this city, I can't let my business mix with pleasure.

However, I can say we had some crazy fun times the times we did get along... I'm smiling just thinking about it. We mostly have that love/hate relationship, something most people wouldn't care much for. It's perfectly okay with me. Besides, who loves those perfect love stories anyway?

I certainly don't.

Too Far Gone, Copyright © 2015 by Imani N. Desamours (Frodacious)

All rights reserved. This book or any portion thereof
may not be reproduced or used in any manner whatsoever
without the express written permission of the publisher
except for the use of brief quotations in a book review.