17| Aftermath

The gang sat in Johnny's girlfriend's spacious modern house. Everything was so lustrous and tidy, way better than Chenelle's tiny dump. Modern art pictures were showcased on every wall, accentuating a warm mod style.

All the cash the boys managed to round up was in a large heap on the glass coffee table before them. Pierce, the boss, Gat, and Chenelle all stared at the plasma screen TV intently, anxiously waiting for the news to come on. None of them turned around when footsteps approached them.

"Why is there a big pile of money on the coffee table?" Aisha, Gat's girlfriend, questioned as she gestured to the cash on the table. Chenelle had been itching to speak to Aisha herself, but she'd have to save the fangirling for later.

"It's a little complicated..." Pierce replied, scratching the back of his neck.

"We shot up a Ronin casino and stole the cash." Gat shrugged nonchalantly.

Aisha rose her voice at the end as she snapped, "And you brought that shit here?"

"Eesh," Johnny Gat sighed. "who else we gonna trust with the money?"

"But The Ronin know you stole it, right?"

"Well, they wouldn't have if we would've went with my plan." mumbled Pierce.

"Yeah, well, if we went with your plan, we'd still be talkin' about it." Gat dissed.

"Fuck off, Gat."

"Excuse me?"

"Shut up!" the boss cut in. He grabbed the TV remote and turned up the volume. "We're on..."

"...the daring casino heist has left the police baffled." Said an undescript brunette woman. Her nasally voice and short bob cut hair made her all the more irritating. "Standing next to me is Chief of Police, Troy Bradshaw. Chief, how's the investigation going?"

The cop she brought the microphone to looked to be in his mid-forties. Everyone was already familiar with his distinct orange hair mixed with a few grayish strands. "This is an investigation, Miss. Valderamma, I can't get into details."

"Can you say anything about the 3rd Street Saints' involvement?"

Troy took off his cap to run his fingers through his thinning hair, glancing at the camera, a vexed look on his face. "I don't know what you're talkin' ab-"

"This leaked security footage shows the leader of the Saints," Valderamma interrupted, "recent fugitive and Saints lieutenant Johnny Gat, as well as an unknown accomplice assaulting the casino. Obviously the 3rd Street Saints are back after a long hiatus."

The footage switched to a video from one of the casino's security cameras. It showed the boss and Gat pressing forward as they shot their way through, along with Pierce, who spent more time picking up the cash that lie on the ground instead of shooting. The boss and Johnny Gat cheered and fist bumped upon seeing themselves on TV.

"Oh God..." Aisha gasped.

"'Unknown accomplice', my ass!" Pierce retorted, gripping the edge of the couch.

Troy tried to speak again, but was only cut off by Jane Valderamma once more. "Miss. Valdera-"

"Also, reports claim that Ultor is pressing the Police Department for a quicker response."

"One of Ultor's investments was robbed-of course they want their money back." Troy shrugged as he glared at her in annoyance.

"Alright, alright, we've had our fifteen minutes." The boss said as he stood up. "Let's clean this money."