Chapter Twenty Two

Zacznij od początku

These next depictions are simply a figment of Kade's dream. Any similarities to actual people is entirely a coincidence.

Once again, this is Kade's dream. Got it? Good.

"Kade...I guess I have to admit you've always been the best looking brother. I was just so blinded by my arrogance. How could I have possibly thought that I was the best looking?" Ares said with a frown and I basked in his compliment.

"That's no surprise at all but thank you for telling me! I'm so glad you're finally being honest with yourself" I said and suddenly in front of me was Lance with his arms crossed.

"You were always the most responsible one, Kade. You've gotten all of us out of tight spots, even me" he said and I just thanked him.

I always knew that I was the most reliable. Who wouldn't want to put their trust and faith in me after all?

Now it was Max who was looking at me with that rare smile on his face.

"I know I don't say it much...but you really are the best brother anyone could ask for" Max said and he hugged me.

He hugged me! This has to be a dream! But I didn't care, I was too busy enjoying being showered with love to care.

"What do you think he's dreaming about?" I asked looking at the happy look on Kade's face as he continued to sleep. Max pulled a disgusted face while looking at Kade.

"I don't know but let's just wake him up. I can't stand looking at that nasty face he's making" Max said before proceeding to harshly jostle Kade.

Kade's eyes snapped open and suddenly he was up and hugging Max.

"Max, I always knew you didn't hate me!" He cried and Max's entire face was that of surprise and disgust.

"Ahhh!! What the hell?! Wake the fuck up you delusional bastard!!" Max yelled as he tried to pry Kade off of him but to no avail he wasn't budging.

Just what in the world was going on here...?

I sighed. I would stay and help but I really couldn't help Max out when I thought about it. Not only was Kade's death grip almost impossible to slip away from, what were I to do if Kade had suddenly set his sights on me? It wasn't a favorable situation in my head so I silently prayed for Max before heading back downstairs.

"Judging by Max's screams, Kade is awake I take it?" Roman said upon seeing me walk back into the room.

"Yes..." I said, not bothering to deliver the details of what I just saw. It was clear that Kade was still dreaming when he hugged Max, but what exactly was he dreaming about that cause him to do that?

Once again, I find myself perplexed by my brothers. It seems like each and every day they get more interesting but weirder at the same time.

Max returned to the living room fuming. I could practically see the steam coming out of his ears and there was a tiny vain popping out on the side of his forehead.