🌸Little Boy🌸

"So it's settled." Alfred growled out. It was startling to see him so serious.

Arthur, Francis, Mathew, and Ivan nodded. Everyone but Yao, who sat in absolute shock.

Alfred nodded, standing up. "This is where the war ends. I'll take a plane over tomorrow."

Arthur nodded. "I wish you luck, we just all better hope that this works."

For once, Francis didn't begin a fight with Arthur. "Agreed. Best of luck to you, America."

Ivan nodded, crossing his arms stubbornly, but words still sincere. "I'm not one to wish good upon the capitalist pig, but please, be careful Amerika."

Mathew remained silent, but nodded along with everyone's words. Worry flickered in his eyes, which quickly darted over to Yao.

Alfred made his way out of the room. Yao watched him go, mouth open and ready to object to this absurd notion of violence. But the words clumped in his throat.

"Tomorrow, we attack Nagasaki and Hiroshima."

Alfred's words echoed through the silent room, and everyone nodded again.

Yao wanted to object, to help Kiku. Kiku didn't deserve this, not him or his people!

But deep down, Yao knew that this was the right thing to do.

~~~~~~

Kiku and Xiao stumbled as the memory world seemed to shake for a moment, until they were in a new setting. They found themselves in the cockpit of a large plane, Alfred being the only one in it.

"Alfred? I thought these were Yao's memories?" Kiku asked.

"Maybe so far, but Oliver may have just sent us back to any memories that affected Yao at all." Xiao concluded, walking over to the window and looking down into the clouds.

Alfred gritted his teeth, watching as the city of Hiroshima came closer into view.

He flew his bomber closer to the ground, but remained in the camouflage of the clouds. Subconsciously, his feet tapped nervously.

Kiku Honda, his best friend, was about to suffer one of the worst pains that any nation could feel. And it would be because of Alfred.

Why did it have to be like this? Why couldn't they just end the war peacefully?

Oh right, because his people craved revenge of Japan. Revenge for Pearl Harbor, Midway, and hundreds of other battles during the Pacific War.

The entire world craved this moment.

Alfred felt tears prick his eyes, and he watched as the city grew closer and closer.

Kiku's eyes widened as he realized what this was. He took a step away from the window, eyes wide. He couldn't bear to see this again.

Alfred blinked hard, focusing again. He pulled over his radio, and spoke into it.

"Approaching Hiroshima, ready the bomb bay doors."

A moment of silence, and Alfred felt the B-25 jolt, with the loud sound of the bomb bay doors opening.

"Bombardier, ready the bomb. Prepare for release."

"Rodger." Came another voice through the radio. Alfred flew the plane down, closer to the city. He looked down into the streets, seeing people bustling around on a normal day.