🌸Finding Family🌸

The memory flashed to show Yao raising Kiku. Yao brought Kiku and Panda on several trips across his country as he sold his life changing medicines to those who needed it. Kiku and Panda loved to see the new places and meet new people.

Yao showed Kiku snow for the first time as they traveled to colder regions of China. The boy was mesmerized, and he spent hours rolling in the soft white snow.

Soon, the montage slowed to show Yao, with Panda on his shoulders and Kiku in front of him on a horse. They were walking through a forest, the trail worn down by other travelers.

A small wail broke the calm silence, and Yao immediately stopped his horse. He hopped off, telling Panda and Kiku to stay there. Running off in the direction of the cry, Yao came to an abrupt halt as he caught sight of a small nation.

A small Honk Kong sat on the ground, wailing mercilessly. Yao was quickly to take him into his arms, calming the child down. When he was coherent, Yao asked the small child a question.

"What's wrong? Who might you be?"

The child blinked, before crossing his arms and responding. "Hong Kong."

And then, seemingly noticing he was in Yao's arms, he began to struggle.

"Let go, let go, let go, let go!" He shrieked. Yao held tight.

"Obviously you cannot survive out here alone! You can come with me!" Yao almost pleaded to the small child. Hong Kong paused.

"Only if you take my sister with you," he said bluntly.

"Little sister? Where is she?" Yao asked, looking around. Hong Kong pointed to the bushes at Yao's right.

"Taiwan! It's okay to come out!" Hong Kong yelled. The bushes began to rustle, and a small girl with long black hair and a small pink dress stepped out. Yao's eyes widened.

Yao held out a hand for Taiwan. She reluctantly stepped forward and took it, and he hoisted her into his arms beside her brother.

"I'll take you two with me on my journey until he return home. I'll raise you," Yao said. "I just hope you'll get along with Kiku," he muttered under his breath.

When he re-emerged from the forest, Panda seemed to roll his eyes at the sight of the two new additions.

"Don't give me that look," Yao said. "I can't leave two children to fend for themselves."

He walked over to the horse, realizing with a sigh that there was not enough room on the mare for all four of the nations and Panda.

"Kiku, these are Leon and Clarine," Yao said, having already made up his mind on names. "They are nations, just like you. And, they're now your new siblings. Please be nice."

Kiku blinked, looking at the two two children who were sat behind him on the horse. "Kon'nochiwa," he said politely. "I'm Kiku."

Yao smiled and left the children to get to know each other as he walked to the front of the horse. He began to walk beside it, as they continued their way.

Several days passed, and Kiku was getting along with Leon and Clarine. Panda kept Yao sane, with all of the screaming and squealing from the three children. It surprised Yao, seeing Kiku so talkative and smiling; the little nation usually tried not to show emotion. Yao was glad that he finally found someone that Kiku could play with.

And then Yao came to an abrupt stop as something matched onto his leg. Looking down, he saw a small girl in a green uniform with a long, braided ponytail. Just as he opened his mouth to ask who the child was, another kid, having identical facial features, burst from the bushes.