🌸Recognition🌸

I know the chapter doesn't mention it, but this takes place during the events of World War I.

Yao stood at the table in the dining room of his house, angrily staring down at the reports his people had sent him.

His lands were being split up at the borders; divided between Russia, Germany, and Japan. His land was being split. Reading the radio's printed words, Yao frowned when he found that Germany had taken control of Qingdao.

And then reading further, he found that Japan was fighting Germany for control of the city. Japan has won, and had now pushed Germany out of the running for taking Yao's lands.

Yao scowled as he stood up, kicking his chair back and storming to his room. If his people weren't enough to keep Japan and Kiku at bay, then he'd have to go get some other help.

He quickly pulled on his uniform and slid a coat overtop, storming out the door and getting his stallion out of the stable. Telling Panda he'd be back in a while, he flicked the reigns and disappeared into the forest in the direction of their village.

Luckily, the World War I Allies we're residing in Japan from what the radio had said. It was only a day's ride there.

And as he rode, Yao frowned to himself. Kiku was taking his land, again. Hadn't Nanking been enough for him? And what would he stop at to get Yao's land?

Yao found himself wishing he'd listened closer to Kiku that night under the stars. If only he'd been a bit more observant.

As the sun rose higher into the sky, Yao finally saw the large bridge to Japan. Giving his stallion a bit more energy with a quick boost of energy, Yao's face took on a look of determination.

Finally, he'd made it to the Allied Meeting building in Japan, where he stormed in quickly. Several guards went to stop him, but seemed to get the notion that he was not to be trifled with at the moment.

Opening the doors to the room, Yao saw Francis, Arthur, Alfred, both Feliciano and Lovino, Ivan, and Kiku sitting at a round table and talking.

His arrival and the slamming door made the seven nations glance up to the door with varying expressions. Arthur stood, walking a few feet over to Yao.

"Yao? What brings you here?" He asked, taking on a suspicious tone. He crossed his arms over his chest.

"Oh, I'm here because I wanted to ask how the weather was over in Britain," Yao responded sarcastically. He blinked and also folded his arms over his chest. "I'm here because I'd like to become part of your alliance."

The room was silent for a moment, before Francis spoke up. "Why would we need you as our alliance?"

"Yeah," Alfred chimed. "I thought you declared yourself neutral anyway?"

Yao frowned at the table, meeting Alfred's eyes. "My lands are in serious jeopardy," he made sure to shoot Kiku a look, before returning his gaze to meet Francis' eyes. "My people will help fight against the Eastern lines."

Britain blinked in surprise and seemed to think it over a moment before turning back to the table. He glanced over his shoulder at Yao.

"Let us discuss this," he stated quickly. "Out in the hall with you."

Yao was ready to retort, when he glanced at Kiku. Kiku glared at him with venom practically seeping out of his eyes. Wincing, Yao nodded to Arthur and turned, stepping out of the room.

And after several moments of waiting outside, Arthur slowly opened the door. Stepping back into the room, Yao tried to read the atmosphere, which proved nearly impossible. He looked to Arthur, raising an eyebrow.