🌸Ancient's Words🌸

Just a warning/FYI, I will be referring to all of the Ancients with only their names. So when I say Greece, I still mean Ancient Greece. Just wanted to make that clear! :)

The memory came back with a pulse of bright light, showing the tiny Yao holding Greece's hand as they walked along a sandy path.

Kiku and Xiao looked at each other before following close behind. Little Yao still held his panda close to him, and his curious gaze traveled around. He still looked to be about two or three years old.

"Where are we going?" He asked, his voice slurred by a thick Chinese accent. Greece smiled down at him.

"To meet the others," Greece said. Yao looked up at her with wide eyes, before nodding.

They continued to walk, until they entered a small wooden lodge. The inside was lavished with beautiful furniture, and a large fireplace crackling on the right wall. Greece led Yao along until they entered a large room with a table in the center.

Several other people sat around the table, talking loudly and laughing. It reminded Kiku of their own World Meetings.

"Are those... other Ancients?" Xiao asked. Kiku shrugged, before nodding. "Are you serious? Yao got to meet all of them?"

"Guess so," Kiku murmured, looking over the nations.

Said nations quieted down when Greece entered the room with the small boy. Their gazes traveled from Greece to Yao, looking curiously at him. The small nation shrunk away from the gazes and hid himself behind Greece's leg, pulling the white fabric closer to him.

Greece chuckled and patted Yao on the head gently, before looking up to the other nations. "Nations, we have a new arrival; this is China."

The room was silent for a moment as the Ancients processed Greece's words, before it erupted into talk.

Little Yao flinched at the sudden noise. He stepped back when a rather tall woman with dark skin and short black hair stepped forward.

"Where did you find him?" She asked, her voice laced with an accent Kiku couldn't put a finger on.

"He was in the meadow about a quarter mile left of my own home. He was crying and scared," she added, glancing down at the small boy. "So please be gentle, Egypt."

Egypt looked up and blinked, smiling at Greece. "I would never do anything to scare the poor boy," she said, turning a smile down at Yao, who still cowered behind Greece. "Hello, little one, I am Egypt."

Yao looked almost ready to step forward and stop hiding when a flash of green and red whizzed into view, directly in front of Yao.

Two men had moved to look at Yao. One had long, blonde hair and green eyes, wearing a green cape that seemed to blow behind him. The other, Kiku recognized. He had short brown hair with a distinct curl at the top. He wore golden armor and a red cape rested on his shoulders. His amber eyes looked happily down at Yao. It was Feliciano's Grandpa Rome.

Upon seeing two men staring him down with almost crazed smiles on their faces, Yao's calm broke once more and he began to wail. The little boy threw himself behind Greece again, who glared daggers at the two men.

"Gaul! Rome!" Egypt scolded, grabbing the men by their capes and pulling them backwards.

"What?" Gaul, in the green cape, frowned.

Egypt flicked the back of his ear with her long nails, and the man flinched. "Look what you've done!"

She pointed to Greece, who was now holding the crying Yao in her arms and whispering sweet nothings into his ears. Yao's panda was squeezed tightly to his chest.