🌸Demon's Revenge🌸

"I can't believe they did that to Yao!" Xiao shouted, startling Kiku as he stomped his foot on the ground. "They're little kids. Children shouldn't act that way!"

Kiku calmed Xiao down by placing a hand on his shoulder.

"I know, Xiao," he said softly. "Little kids shouldn't act that way. But this was thousands of years ago. We can't change anything now."

Xiao met Kiku's eyes before he blinked roughly and wiped his eyes. "Aw, was little Xiao crying?"

Xiao playfully punched Kiku's arm. "Shut up, you're starting to sound like Jason."

Kiku sighed. "Yeah. Let's just move on to the next memory and get this over with."

Kiku and Xiao looked around at the new scene, watching several memories unfold around them in a montage.

Yao went through the rest of elementary with everyone calling him 'demon boy'. He did his best to ignore them, and never blew up once.

He'd learned to keep everything he cared about at home, like his sketchbook and panda. He'd remained alone throughout the rest of the middle school.

Finally, the memory seemed to come to a halt to a scene of Yao walking down the dark street. His backpack was slung over his shoulder, and his gaze wandered ahead of him.

As he passed an alley, two pairs of arms reached out and grabbed him.

Kiku and Xiao tensed as they watched Yao being jerked backwards into the dark alley.

Yao went to shout, but a cloth was wrapped around his face. The scream came out muffled, and his arms were restrained behind his back.

Yao was thrown to the ground, looking up to meet a very familiar pair of blue eyes. They stared evilly back down at him, and could even put Russia's glare to shame.

"What do you want?" Yao asked around the gag, glaring back at Jason. Kiku had a sinking feeling in the back of his mind.

"Oh, I just wanted a final chat with my demon friend," Jason said, leaning over and picking Yao up by the collar of his shirt.

Yao quickly wriggled his head out of the sloppily tied cloth around his mouth. "What, you finally moving?"

Jason smirked. "No, but you are."

Yao's eyes narrowed. "And what could you possibly mean by that?"

Jason stepped back, releasing Yao. He snapped his fingers, and suddenly Dylan and Alex had Yao pinned by the shoulders up to the wall.

"Kinda feels like old times, doesn't it?" Jason asked smugly. He dug around in his own bag, before revealing a large knife.

Yao shuddered and struggled, but to no avail. "Let me go!" He yelled.

"Ah ah ah," Jason sang, bringing the knife up to Yao's throat. "Wouldn't want anyone to hear, would you?"

Yao both stopped struggling and yelling. His eyes glared daggers back at Jason. "Why are you doing this? What does this accomplish?"

"Well," Jason started, slowly running the knife down the side of Yao's neck and drawing a line of blood. "It's all just kinda payback for fourth grade. I'm sure you remember."

Yao frowned. "And you've held a grudge this long? Starting to sound like a little girl yourself."

Jason scowled, slicing the knife down Yao's cheek. Yao winced, but his expression remained challenging.

"I'm no little girl, you ought to know that by now," Jason said darkly. "Now, back to business; I judged wanted to give you a final goodbye before I sent you back down to hell."

Yao raised his chin, even as Jason pressed the knife to his throat. "Go ahead and try me, bitch."

Kiku would've laughed at Yao actually swearing if it weren't for the situation he was watching unfold before his eyes.

Jason's eyes flashed and he sliced Yao's throat with one smooth movement. He laughed as Yao's eyes glazed over, and his voice faded out and was replaced by gurgles.

Kiku winced as he watched Yao slowly slump, his eyes losing their life.

"Let him go," Jason ordered. Alex and Dylan stepped back, letting Yao's body crumple to the ground. "Now leave him be. We talk about this to no one, you hear?"

Both nodded at Jason, and the three turned to leave.

Suddenly, Yao sucked in a breath and he slowly sat up, blood still dripping from his neck. His shirt was completely drenched in his own blood, and his face was also splattered with it.

If not wanting others to call him a demon was his goal, Yao was not doing well with it.

"Just one problem," Yao spoke in a cold, monotone voice. Jason froze mid step, Luke he was afraid to turn around. "Demons don't die."

Jason finally turned around, eyes not hiding the fear that flashed through them. "B-But I killed you!"

Yao chuckled darkly, standing up and swaying manically on his feet. He reached down and grabbed the knife that was thrown to the side after he'd been killed.

"I'm just a demon right? So then why did you think I would die?"

He leaped forward with the speed of a cheetah, slicing Alex across the face, leaping in the air and kicking his in the chest, sending the man flying backwards. Landing on his feet, Yao had Dylan down before Jason could even process what was happening.

Jason blinked and turned, beginning to run. Yao caught him by the back of the shirt, pulling him back into the dark alley. His golden eyes flashed with malice.

"Not so fast there, you never got to tell me goodbye!" Yao asked, tone almost innocent. Jason shook as he was thrown backwards.

"J-Just let me go! I promise I'll never come near you again! We'll leave you alone!" He stepped back, into the wall. Yao stepped forward, flicking the knife around carelessly.

"You see, though, that's not enough anymore." Yao said simply, looking at the knife. "You hurt me. And now it's time for the demon's revenge."

His words were cold, dripping ice. Jason shuddered as Yao stepped closer, frozen as Yao leaned to whisper in his ear.

"Don't beg hell for mercy," he growled. "Because they're the ones who sent me."

Jason's eyes widened, and before he could respond, Yao pulled back and stabbed the knife through his chest.

Yao watched as the life drained from Jason's eyes, a manic smile spread on his face. He let go of Jason's collar and let the man crumple to the ground. No coming back to life this time around.

Kiku and Xiao exchanged a scared look. They'd never seen Yao like this. Not when he battled Japan, not when he'd fought America, not when he'd been in World War II.

Turning their attention back to Yao, they watched as he seemed to take in what he had done.

His eyes widened in horror and he stepped back, collapsing to his knees. "What have I done?" He asked himself, watching the blood pool around Jason's body.

After several moments of crying to himself, Yao stood up, a deadly calm. He turned and walked away, out of the alley, and back home.

At home, Yao sat in his room. He stared at his hands.

"What did I do to the gods to make them hate me so much?" He asked himself. "What did I do to make them so angered that they made me a nation?"

The memory faded before Kiku or Xiao could figure out what Yao did next.

Sorry about the short chapter! I ended up having to split this and the last chapter in two so they weren't too long, and this one fed up being much shorter than I thought.

Also just because I thought it was HECKIN CREEPY, in the unedited version of this chapter, right after Yao says "Demons don't die", the word count was 666.

Anyways, thanks for reading and bye!!!