🌸Reflection🌸

Kiku sighed, crossing his arms in frustration as he walked along the cobblestone path. His features were compressed in annoyance.

Xiao followed close behind, gaze traveling around the path as they walked.

"How am I supposed to make up with him?" Kiku asked himself, looking at the beautiful pink cherry blossoms as he walked.

"We'll figure out some way, Kiku. Promise." Xiao returned. "I don't know how, but we will."

"By the way," Kiku asked after a moment of silence. "What did Oliver mean when he said he could help us with magic?"

Xiao huffed and replied with annoyance lacing his voice. "He was suggesting sending us back through Yao's memories, to find out what was wrong."

Kiku blinked. "He could do that?"

"Yeah, he can do anything if he puts his mind to it. But it's still wrong, so don't even think I'll let you go back through my 1P's memories." Xiao bit back, a sudden venom dripping from his tone.

Kiku held his hands in the air. "No, no. I wasn't suggesting that at all."

Finally, they arrived at Kiku's own little pond, a small place with a small brook flowing into it. Koi swam around underneath the water, their colorful scales glinting off of the sunlight and making the water seem to glow.

This was Kiku's favorite spot to come to when he was angry or sad. It helped him to calm down.

Walking up to the water, Kiku watched as the pink petals from the surrounding trees swirled on the water's surface, as beautiful koi below swept the bottom of the pond.

"It's actually pretty beautiful here," Xiao said, watching the koi in the pond. Kiku nodded.

"Yeah, I come here all the time to just relax."

Lost in thought, neither man noticed as the petals began to swirl a bit faster. Seeing the hurried glints of the koi as they darted away, Kiku finally brought his attention back to the pond's water.

The petals had swirled in a way the formed a makeshift frame in the water, so that when Kiku looked down, his face was outlined by the petals. Kiku leaned closer to the water, sitting down beside it on the bank. He watched his reflection, as the petals seemed to scatter once more.

"What are you doing?" He heard Xiao ask behind him.

Pulling away and ignoring Xiao, Kiku noticed that his reflection remained the same as it had been before. Mesmerized and curious, Kiku leaned to face the water again. He reached a hand out to touch the stilled reflection of him on the surface. Just as his hands were inches from the surface, the reflection seemed to spring to life.

It blinked, and upon seeing Kiku's hand so close, reached a hand outward. Kiku was startled by this, and went to jerk his hand away. He was a bit too late, as his reflection's hand reached out and grabbed hold of his wrist.

Kiku yelped in surprise and tried to pull away, but to no avail. Whatever was holding him had a vice grip on his wrist.

"Xiao!" He shrieked, as he was pulled into the water. He heard Xiao also yell, and felt the Chinese man's hand wrap around his waist and try to pull him back.

For a moment Kiku grew hopeful, as Xiao succeeded in pulling him back a bit, enough so only his arm was submerged.

However, all hope was lost when Kiku saw a shadow flash in the water beside him, and dark watery arms reached out and yanked Xiao away.

Kiku heard Xiao scream as he was slammed into the water, seeing several bubbles erupt from the surface as he was pulled under. The thing holding his own wrist began to tug again.