3

chapter 3

I can see the end as it begins
my one request it is
Say you'll remember me
Standing in a nice dress
Staring at the sunset, babe
Red lips and rosy cheeks

-

"Long time no see love."

Caroline felt shivers run up her spine at the word love. Her bright blue eyes locking with his dull ones

"Hello, Klaus," Caroline said briskly, turning her head back to the bartender.

"Oh my god, he's going to kill me! Let's go!" Shouted April, grabbing Stefan's jacket and Caroline's shirt and pulling the to the door.

"He's not going to kill you!" Caroline whined, getting pulled towards the door.

"Maybe I will unless of course you'd do me the pleasure of having a drink." Klaus flashed in front of them

Taking one look at April's petrified expression caroline sighed and walked back over to the bar, "One drink."

-

Caroline and Klaus sat a small table, two glasses of bourbon in front of them.

"You look exactly as I remember." Klaus mused, a playful grin covering his face, "the same golden curls, same rosy cheeks, same diamond blue eyes."

Somewhere halfway through the speech, Klaus's tone turned from teasing to genuine.

"And you're still as I remember. A cold-blooded killed." Carolien crosses her arms around her chest and leaned into her seat, smirking at his cold stare.

"You wound me, love." Klaus put a hand over his heart and acted offended, though caroline knew him well enough to know it was a joke.

"Haha." Caroline took a sip from the ice-fogged glass.

"Anyway What brings you here anyways love?"

Carolien faltered a bit, "oh my mom passed. Though you must be happy since you love watching mothers die." She growled, remembering when he killed Tyler's mother.

"I'm sorry about your mother," Klaus said warmly, choosing to ignore her last comment.

"Thank you." As caroline felt tears come to her blue irises caroline abruptly stood and walked to the door, "I've gotta go. It was awful." She sneered and turned on her heels, leaving him in the dust.