🌸Last Forever🌸

Start from the beginning

He ran outside, and around the house. Kiku and Xiao followed, feeling the pleasant night air blowing gently. Yao ran around to the side of the house, entering a small stable.

Kiku watched as he hurriedly places the reigns on the horse, not bothering to saddle it. He leaped onto it, and gently patted the side of its neck.

"Jai! Jai!" He yelled, and the horse neighed, beginning to run. Kiku and Xiao found themselves floating through Yao's journey to Rome, the memories blurred as if they were on fast forward.

The horse rant relentlessly all night and into the next day. Every now and then Yao would pull out the map, checking it over.

It would be impossible for a horse-or any animal for that matter- to make a journey like that continuously without dying of exhaustion. But not for a nation's animal. Since nations were immortal, they had the power to transfer some of that energy over to another being. It was a complex spell, and most nations never even bothered to learn it. Kiku was surprised that Yao had already seemed to have mastered the spell at such a young age in his nationhood.

Finally, as the sun peaked in the sky, Yao pulled on the reigns. "Slow down boy," he murmured. "You've done a great job."

The horse slowed to a stop, breathing heavily. Yao leaped off of it, and walked around in front of the stallion.

"Thank you Falcon," he said, placing a hand on the horse's broad muzzle. A small glow came from his hand. "Rest well now."

He stepped back, letting the stallion trot off to graze. Turning, Yao pulled the map back out. "If I'm correct," he muttered to himself. "There's a grove of trees over here, and a hill just past that."

He once again folded the map and places it in his backpack, throwing it down to the side. He ran over to the grove of trees, expertly weaving through the dense vegetation.

Kiku and Xiao followed, able to pass right through the trees. Finally, Yao came out into a hill; in fact, the same hill from his dream.

He looked around, before glancing down the side of the hill. His eyes widened in fear.

"No," he whisper yelled to himself. "I'm too late!"

At the foot of the hill stood Rome and Greece, dueling it out. Rome though looked to be gaining on Greece. Yao stood watching, frozen in place.

Rome finally knocked Greece's sword away from her, taking a threatening step forward.

"It ends here, Greece," he boomed. "Soon, the entire world will belong to Rome. And you are going to be the first step to that plan."

Greece shook her head, lips moving, but Kiku, Xiao, not Yao could hear the words.

Rome raised his sword, and swung. The sickening squelching noise of flesh being torn rang through the air, and it seemed to bring Yao back to.

"Greece, no!" He blinked roughly, barreling down the hill. Rome removed his sword from Greece's abdomen, stepping back.

Yao had his hands on Greece's discarded sword in a flash, slicing at Rome's exposed wrists with expert precision. Rome blinked in surprised and stepped back before his eyes flashed with recognition.

"Yao! I didn't recognize you! You've grown so big," he said, as if he hadn't just stabbed another nation.

Yao aimed his sword menacingly at Rome, tears streaming down his cheeks. "Why? Why did you do this?"

It wasn't a question, it was a demand. Yao stepped forward, without a second thought about what he was doing.

Rome's eyes darkened. "Because Yao, to grow stronger I must conquer other nations. If this is how I have to do, this is how it must be."