🌸Sticks and Stones🌸

Start from the beginning

Yao's eyes brimmed with tears, and several let loose and slid down his cheeks. Jason saw this and continued. "She's not your mom, but she let you believe she was. She lied to you about that."

Jason paused, letting the words sink in. He bent down, and grabbed Yao's chin, jerking his face up to meet his blue eyes. "So why wouldn't she lie to you about you being a girl?"

Yao's eyes flashed with pain, and a small sob escaped his throat. Jason still held his chin, smiling devilishly down at the small nation. And then Yao's eyes hardened, and the fire of unimaginable anger replaced the sadness.

A small fist connected with Jason's jaw, and taking Jason's moment of shock to his advantage, Yao also kicked him in the gut. Jason stumbled back, and Yao jumped to his feet.

Dylan came at him, and Yao easily dodged to the side, kicking out a leg. As Dylan fell, Yao was caught off guard by the black haired boy's swinging fist.

He was caught across the face, and for a second, Kiku could see the dazed look in his eyes. The black-haired kid kicked Yao in the side, and the small boy tumbled to the ground.

"Ha! Good job, Alex!" Jason walked up beside Alex, glaring down at Yao, who was standing up. Jason walked forward, slammed his foot down on Yao's back.

Yao shrieked, moving a hand around to wrap around Jason's foot. He rolled, sending Jason to the ground as well.

"Why you," Jason snarled, searching the ground for anything near him. His eyes landed on a small stick, and he grabbed it.

Jason rolled over again, now straddling Yao, stick held high above his head. Yao saw this and grabbed a hold of Jason's wrist, keeping him from lunging with the stick.

Jason growled and his eyes flickered over to Dylan and Alex. "Come help me, guys!"

The two boys nodded and ran over to Yao, each grabbing his arms and holding them away from Jason. Yao screamed and flailed, struggling to get away from the boys.

Jason laughed darkly, stick still raised in the air. "No one's coming to save you," he said. "Because no one cares about you."

Yao's eyes widened as Jason slammed the stick down, and it nailed him across the cheek. Yao cried out in pain, as blood began to deep down his cheek.

Jason tossed the bloodied stick into the bushes several feet away from them. He smiled down at Yao, who was still being restrained by Dylan and Alex.

Despite the tears and blood pouring from his face, Yao's eyes remained strong. He continued to struggle, and Jason seemed to finally have had enough.

He stood up and brought a foot back, kicking Yao in the ribs. Yao once again cried out, still not gaining the attention of any adults.

"Let him go," Jason ordered the other two boys. Following their leader's orders, they released Yao's arms. Instantly, he brought them to his face, running over the open gash.

He winced, but sat up. Jason glared back down at Yao.

Kiku looked closer as Yao's hand remained over the gash on his cheek. The blood seemed to slowly stop flowing, and Yao soon brought his hand away from his face.

The once open and bleeding cut was a mere scrape now. Kiku had known nations could heal fast, but this was record timing!

Jason's eyes widened. "But how?"

Beside him, Alex gasped. "She's a demon!" He pointed about accusing finger at Yao.

Yao didn't say anything, his face remaining neutral. He rose from the ground, watching the three boys take a few steps back. He blinked slowly, meeting Jason's eyes calmly. "You're afraid of me?" He asked simply, cocking his head sideways.