🌸Ancient's Words🌸

Start from the beginning

Rome sighed, standing up. "Geez, we were only trying to be friendly."

"Well obviously he's shy," Egypt shot back. "Maybe you should've taken that into consideration before scaring the daylight out of him."

"Him?" Gaul asked, also standing up. "I thought it was a girl!"

Greece was startled as suddenly Yao's head snapped up. He glared through his tears at the two men, wiping them away quickly.

"I am a boy!" He shrieked, wiggling his way out of Greece's arms and miraculously landing on his feet on the floor. He beelined towards Gaul, throwing a small fist at the man's kneecap.

Xiao laughed beside Kiku, and Kiku couldn't help but smile as he watched Gaul wince a bit.

Rome reached down and grabbed the back of Yao's shirt, lifting him off the ground. Yao shrieked, drowning out Greece and Egypt's protests.

"Oh don't worry, I'm being gentle," Rome waved the women off, and set Yao down on his shoulder.

"You sure are something special," Gaul sat, pointing at Yao and booping his nose. The little boy blinked, but giggled a bit. "You can throw a mean punch for being a new nation."

As if proving his point, Yao reached out a little finger and nailed Gaul on the nose. Rome laughed and Gaul jumped back, smiling as he rubbed his nose.

Greece and Egypt blinked as they watched Yao's mood swing so quickly. Rome placed a hand on Yao's shoulder, holding him in place as he jumped a bit. Yao laughed as he was bounced on Rome's shoulder.

"Yeah, little man! You fought off the big bad Gaul!" Rome said, smiling as Gaul sent a pointed scowl at him.

"Yeah!" Yao shouted, pointing at Gaul. "Watch out for Yao!"

Gaul crossed his arms, before reaching out for Yao. "But I can be fun too!"

He plucked Yao off of Rome's shoulder, and spun the little boy around high in the air. "See? So much more fun than Rome!"

Yao smiled and giggled again. Gaul swooped the boy up and down. "Look guys, Yao can fly!"

Egypt rolled her eyes and Rome crossed his arm, though they both still smiled.

"I can see you three will make the perfect trio," Greece said, smiling brightly. "I'm glad to see Yao is liking everyone."

Gaul stopped, placing Yao down. The little boy turned back to the two men, looking sad.

Rome laughed and placed a hand on Yao's head, messing up his hair. "It'll be fine, we'll be around whenever you need us, Yao."

Yao nodded, his eyes sparkling. He turned, and ran back to Greece.

The memory swirled out from Kiku and Xiao, coming back to show Egypt and an older-looking Yao sitting together and overlooking a vast village. Yao looked to be around five or six years old now. Desert bordered the outskirts of the village.

Yao watched the people bustle around the village below. He slowly turned his gaze to Egypt.

"Why did you bring me here?" He asked tentatively, his golden eyes searching the woman's face.

Egypt turned to Yao, before returning her gaze back to the village. "I just wanted to tell you," she began. "That all of us adult nations are very proud of the nation you've become."

Yao blinked. "Oh, that's all?"

He smiled and closed his eyes as the wind blew through his hair, which was down and flowed with the breeze.

"Actually no," Egypt said. "I wanted to give you a bit of advice."

Kiku and Xiao stood behind them, watching the village below. People and animals, like cows and dogs, ran around the streets.

"You are still very young, but please, cherish these words." Egypt smiled at Yao, albite sadly. "Your people and government may control themselves; but you are still yourself. Don't let them get in the way of your life. Don't let them get in the way of you."

Yao blinked, and turned back to Egypt. She gently reached out and pulled Yao closer, running a hand through his hair. "Don't let anyone tell you who you should be."

And just as fast as the memory came, it flashed again. This time, Yao was standing with Gaul and Rome. Yao looked to be around seven now.

He stood holding a wooden sword, facing Gaul and Rome. Rome was currently giving him tips on his stance.

They fought for a while, and soon Gaul threw his sword to the side in the grass at his feet. Yao and Rome also set down their swords.

Yao grabbed his bag, thrown to the side of the meadow they were in, and slung it over his back. Gaul stopped him by putting a hand on his shoulder.

"You are doing very well Yao," he started. Gaul paused, his green eyes sweeping over the field. "Don't ever let anyone knock you down, you hear?"

Rome walked up beside Gaul. "Yeah, and if anyone gives you trouble, tell us!"

Yao nodded, though looked confused. "Yeah, but why are you telling me this now?"

Gaul and Rome exchanges a look before both returning their gazes to meet Yao's.

"Life for a nation is tough," Rome stated. "There will be others who come along and push you around."

"You can't let them do that," Gaul continued. "Whether they are humans who are jealous of you, or other nations who want your land, you have to stand up for yourself."

Yao nodded slowly. "Yes sirs."

And with that, the memory faded again.

Thanks for reading! ❤️