Chapter 8-Volleyball and fights

Instagram: dolanadventures

Chapter 8 - Volleyball and Fights

It was Christmas time, but with all the fighting going on it certainly didn't feel like it. Grayson and I got in at least one fight every day, which usually caused a big scene. Almost every time it would end with him saying something like 'well you're a slut anyway so whatever' and then I would walk away and try my best not to cry.

The truth was, Grayson was my best friend. The first few weeks I knew him, I had gotten as close to him as I was with Kat. I missed not being able to talk to him and dance around the kitchen belting the lyrics to ignition the remix.

I sat in art, which thankfully I had with Ethan, murdering my paint project with brown paint.

"You know you don't need to butcher it?" Ethan joked.

Thankfully, with all the fighting Ethan didn't take sides and tried to be decent with me. It was hard, because whenever I saw him I saw Grayson and got angry.

"Yeah, I know," I sighed, running a hand through my hair.

"Haley, with all this fighting going on I just wanted to tell you-"

The bell rang, silencing Ethan. I got my books together and left, leaving Ethan behind. Science was as awkward as it was every other day, and by the time gym rolled around I wanted to throw up.

I changed into blank spandex and a lime green sports bra and a tank top.

"Okay, today you're going to be playing volleyball," the gym teacher screamed, making me wince.

We split into teams, Kat and I on one team with a few other people and Grayson and Ethan on the other.

I looked over at Grayson, and he was already staring at me. My eyes narrowed and I glared, which he returned.

The teacher started the game, and after a few rounds we were winning by one. Feli was starting to play dirty, so I made sure to watch out for that. At the beginning of the game she seemed too distracted with Grayson, but after a few rounds she found it was more fun to play dirty.

She spiked the ball over the net and I hit it to Kat, who hit it to Grayson. He smashed it over the net and it collided with Ryders face.

"Shit," Ryder cursed, bringing his hand to his face.

"Oops," Grayson said apologetically.

Ryder went over to Grayson, shoving him.

"You did that on purpose."

"Why would I do that on purpose?" Grayson took a step closer to Ryder.

"Because I've got your girl," Ryder snapped, and my eyes buldged out of their sockets.

Everyone made 'ooooo's and I looked over at Ethan. He looked like he was debating on what to do, and when I looked at Kat she had the same expression.

The gym still for a moment, and then everything sprung into action. Grayson lunged forward, decking Ryder across the face. He was back on his feet in seconds, at Graysons throat.

"Stop!" I heard Kat scream, bringing me back from my trance.

Ethan ran over, grabbing Grayson and pulling him back while a guy a vaguely knew at Michael pulled Ryder back.

They were inches away from each other, and I saw Ryders lips moving as he said something to Grayson. Ryders lips curled into a smirk as he watched Graysons reaction.

Grayson looked at me, eyes dark and cold. He clenched his jaw, glaring at me before looking back to Ryder. In one fluid motion, Grayson spat out the blood in his mouth all over Ryder's face and then swiftly slapping him across the face.

His hand connected with his face, and the slap was so loud I winced.

Ryder went to lunge for Grayson, but Michael pulled him back again. I looked at Ethan, and his eyes met mine. He had the same expression as me, worried and confused. My stomach twisted and turned, making me feel nauseous.

Ryder looked at me, a scary smirk on his face and his eyes glimmering with mischief. I knew I shouldnt have tried to get revenge on Grayson, Ryder made everything worse.

"Both of you to the principals office!" the teacher roared, breaking me from my thoughts.

Grayson passed me, giving me a look that I couldnt read. They left and the entire gym was silent, no one knowing what to do.

"What did Ryder say to Grayson?" I asked Ethan.

He looked at me, his eyes matching Graysons dark, stormy ones.

"I didnt hear it very clearly, but from what I know he said that you said, you never liked Grayson and were just using him... there was also something about you having sex with him and him 'satisfying' your needs because he couldnt."

My jaw dropped open. I coldnt believe Ryder said all those things to Grayson.

"Seriously?"

Ethan nodded. "Haley, did you say those things?"

I glared at Ethan, I cant believe he was actually thinking I would say any of those things. He seemed to understand I was mad at him and just nodded, opening his mouth to speak. I shoved by him, going back into the locker room.

Once I showered and changed into a pair of skinny jeans and a serengetee with my vans I grbabed my bag and left the locker room.

I needed to talk to Grayson.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

this is kind of a shorter chapter, sorry!! I'm gonna start making them a little shorter since the others were really long in my opinion

COMMENT

VOTE

FAN

all that good stuff, thanks :)