Chapter 7- Revenge

Instagram: dolanadventures

Pic of Ryder, he is played by Sam Wilkinson.

Chapter 7 - Revenge

I woke up, tears dried to my face and my vision blurry. My stomach dropped when I realized it wasn't a dream, it actually happened. I really shouldn't even be affected by it, but I can't deny I was.

*Flashback to Last Night*

I searched the party for Grayson, weaving in and out of people. I had learned my lesson from last time, and didn't take any drinks from people, or at all for that matter.

The crowded dance floor was beginning to make me claustrophobic, so I stumbled out of the group and outside to get some fresh air. I leaned over the railing, taking deep breaths.

Moaning and giggling came from my right, and I regretfully looked to see what was the commotion. My stomach lurched at the sight in front of me.

Feli had her arms around his neck, kissing him aggressively and sloppily. He ran a hand through her hair, grabbing her butt.

"Grayson, what the hell!" I screamed, tears already stinging my eyes.

It shouldn't have hurt, it's not like we were dating. But it did, it hurt really bad. I felt the familiar feeling of betrayal and hatred, a feeling that I hadn't felt since over a year ago.

He pulled away from her lightning fast, looking like a deer in headlights. Feli smirked evilly, looking more than pleased with herself.

"Haley, it's not what it looks like I-"

I held up my hand to stop him.

"Don't try to defend yourself, Grayson. The proof is right in front of my fucking face, I don't need an excuse from you."

I turned and left, because the tears were already sliding down my face and I didn't want him to see it. What I would give to make Grayson pay for that. I felt like utter shit, and I would pay money to see him feel the same way.

I went to the only person I knew that was good at revenge. He was right where I assumed he was, shooting baskets at Gold's gym.

"Ryder," I yelled, and when he turned around his face contorted into concern, an expression I had yet to see on him but was liking.

"Cutie, what happened?" He dropped the basketball and came over, pulling me into a tight hug.

"Grayson, he-he was kissing-Feli," I stuttered, trying to keep myself from loosing it. I hated how vulnerable I sounded.

He pulled back and looked at me.

"Did I tell you that would-"

"Stop, I know. You told me it would happen. If that's all your gonna do them I'm leaving."

"No, no it's not. Do you need any help?"

I nodded.

"Revenge," I said.

Something unnerving glimmered in Ryder's eyes, but I was too pissed at Grayson for kissing me and then kissing another girl to realize. Even if it was just a quick peck at a party.

"God, this is perfect. I've needed to get revenge on Grayson forever, but I've never met someone that didn't like him." Ryder ran a hand through his messy hair.

"So you have a plan?"

"Don't I always."

I know I should just move on or forget out what Grayson did, but at the moment all I wanted to do was make him pay. A small part of me knew I was being childish and stupid, but a bigger part was telling me to go through with it. So naturally I went with the bigger feeling.

"We fake date," he said simply.

"What?! How is that gonna do anything?"

"Because, I get the revenge that I want and you get yours. We'll act like a fake couple to make him jealous. But I'm warning you, he'll probably start hanging around Feli more and acting like he likes her to get back at you. But it's totally worth it."

I worked it over in my head, and everything was good. There was just one thing that wasn't clicking.

"What's your revenge for?"

Ryder's eyes turned cold, and I instantly regretted what I said.

"Thats none of your business," he spat, but his eyes softened again, "Anyway, sound like a plan? We can start tomorrow."

*Return to Present Time*

My head hurt from lack of sleep but I managed to shuffle over to my closet and pull on a pair of jeans and a low cut shirt. I did my makeup better than i normally did, since I needed to look extra good.

When the bus came I sat right at the front, so I could jump off right when it stopped. Ryder was waiting for me, leaning against the wall. I could feel Grayson's eyes on me as I ran to Ryder, giving him a hug and a quick kiss.

"He's watching," Ryder said, tucking a piece of hair behind my ear.

"I know," I responded, looking down.

"Lets do this before he leaves." Ryder leaned in but I stopped him.

For some reason I couldn't do this, I felt to bad. Maybe it was an accident. Yeah, Haley, he accidentally picked her up and kissed her, my mind told me.

"Are you okay," Ryder asked, and I was brought back to reality.

"Yeah, I'm fine."

He leaned in and closed the space between us. A few catcalls and whistles came from a crowd of people, and as the kiss grew more intense more people came to watch.

"Hey, that's Ryder James," someone said, and Ryder smiled into the kiss at the mention of his name.

"Whos the girl?"

"I think that's the new girl, Haley."

"What's she doing with him? I thought she was with Grayson."

"Hey, Grayson, you're girl is cheating on you."

A low, sexy voice came next, making my stomach churn, "She's not my girl, just some girl that lives next door."

Tears threatened to fall, and I broke away from the kiss. Why did Grayson always manage to make me feel bad, no matter how hard I tried to make him feel what I do?

Grayson pulled me off Ryder, making me trip and fall. He caught me before I hit the ground, pulling me back up harshly.

"What's going on here?" Grayson growled.

I tried to look shocked, but inside I was trying not to crack up at his face. He looked like me yesterday.

"Oh, sorry Grayson. I didn't see you there," I put a hand on my heart for good measure.

"What are you doing with Ryder?"

He said it with so much disgust and distaste i winced. Ryder looked completely unfazed, and took a step forwards. Grayson stood his ground, after all he was a little larger than Ryder.

"We're dating," Ryder said, as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

Grayson looked at me, eyes as big as satellite dishes. Then he just shoved Ryder with his shoulder as he walked away. I looked at Ryder, who looked more than proud of himself.

I was starting to understand what his revenge was.