Chapter Six: I betrayed my closest friend.

Patton Sponholz POV

Shortly after my roommates left I decided to get to my class as well. I stood up and grabbed everything I needed for my first class: History. I hate history. I walked out of the building and headed to my history class. I was in Class 2-5-10. Why were there so many numbers? What did they even mean? I opened the door to the history classroom and saw half the seats filled. A girl waved at him. He shyly waved back.

"Hi!" She greeted, "I'm Ayzlin."

"I'm Patton." I replied.

"Hi Patton, what's your power?" She asked.

"Oh, I can uh, see soulmates." I muttered.

"What? I didn't hear you." She answered.

"Oh, I can see soulmates." I said louder.

"That's so cool! I can move the Earth's plates." She said.

"That's so much cooler than my lame power." I said.

"Don't say that Patton." She encouraged, "I can't use my powers without causing massive earthquakes. If you can see a villain's soulmate, you can track them down and find out who they are."

"I can't actually. I have to know both peoples' full names." I reply.

"Oh, well it's still a really cool power." She smiled, "My full name is Ayzlin Haras."

I sat down in seat 14, my seat, just as the teacher walked in. 

"Hello class, first, we will introduce everyone, then we'll play a game." The teacher said, "I'm Mr. Kreen." 

-.-

Roman Grace POV

My group was going to win. The game was a multi level game. Each day for the first week of school we had different activities we had to do. The first level was a trivia game. We had to put together our brains and beat out the other teams. My team was comprised of Jeremy, Alex, and Jared. Alex's power scared me. Even though he knew me through the introductions, he still knew my last name. The only people who knew that were my roommates and the kids that they knew. I didn't really want to tell people though. It weird but, I just felt like people shouldn't know. I felt like Thalia. We even shared last names. What a coincidence. 

"Roman. Roman! ROMAN!" I heard someone scream. 

"Wha-" I started.

"Were you paying attention to my speech thing?" Jeremy asked.

Right. Our next activity was to get to know  the others really well so you could do a project on the other three. 

"Uh, no." I answered.

"Come on Roman. I'm not telling you all over again." He whined.

"Jared?" I asked.

"Nope." he replied.

"Alex?" I asked.

"Uh, sure?" He said like a question.

"Thanks. We can meet up after classes at my dorm. You can meet my other friends." I replied.

"That sounds good!" He exclaimed.

"Can I come to?" Jeremy asked.

"Sure." I replied. Hopefully my roommates were okay with this.

"Well now I feel like I have to come." Jared interjected, "So Roman, what's your story?"

"Well, me and my twin brother, Remus were adopted when we were three. Our life was perfect. My dad and I were super close and my father and Remus were also really close. When I first discovered my powers at 5 my dad was super excited. A few years later we made a laptop. I would make each piece and he would put it together. Remus was jealous of the time we spent together. A couple years later my dad died. My brother couldn't accept it. He searched and searched, trying to find leads. He can't just accept the fact that he's gone. He's making it harder for me to deal with his death. Now he thinks that my laptop is the key to finding my dad. My father became extremely closed off. He barely talks to us. I just wish he could come back. On a lighter note, my favourite color is red, I like theatre, I'm fourteen, but I'm turning fifteen in a month exactly. I skipped a grade. I can create anything I think of and it stays for a whole year. The only thing that's stayed longer is the laptop. The one downfall of my Ability is that I get really hungry after using it. I've gotten a lot better at controlling that now. I also should probably say this too. I'm gay. That was weirdly blunt. I've told 3 people that. My dad, father, and Remus. Remus almost leaked it to my middle school. I haven't even told my best friend Logan." I explained with surprisingly no interruptions.