Chapter Five: What'syourability?

Remus Grace POV

He's still alive. I know it. Everyone told me to stop looking. Everyone told me he was gone. If he was really gone, then how come no one reported it to the news. You hear awful things on the news. People dying. People going missing. Stories with immense detail. So why? Why was our dad just mentioned as missing? The police told us it was a car crash. Roman was fine. How was he fine? Was he just grieving to himself? How did he cope? Being all alone like that?  The laptop. It had to be the laptop. 

The laptop that our dad and Roman built together. I watched them build it. I had no clue what was going on so I usually convinced dad to give me his phone. I would call Bill and we would hang out over phone. We became friends when we were young, but he moved away, so I had to suffer. Our dad must have put something on the laptop. 

I open the school issued laptop and log in with my private account. I opened gmail and started to write a new email.

From: tratshy@gmail.com

To: princeR@gmail.com 

Subject: Dad and your laptop

Roman,

Dad's still alive. I know this for a fact. He must have hid something in your laptop. He must have been working on something that he eventually knew you would find.

Remus (:

Now I must wait for a response. Less than a minute later he'd responded.

From: princeR@gmail.com

To: tratshy@gmail.com

Re: Dad and your laptop

YOU MUST BE OUT OF YOUR GOD DAM MIND IF YOU THINK I'M LETTING YOU TOUCH MY LAPTOP! Dad is dead. He's gone. You can't say something like that. You can't say that he's still alive if you don't know for a fact.

Roman Grace

From: tratshy@gmail.com

To: princeR@gmal.com

Re: Dad and your laptop

Roman, dad is alive. I can feel it. I know he's alive. If he's dead, then how come the news said nothing? How can you just accept that he's dead just because the police said so? We never saw his body. How are you fine?

From: princeR@gmail.com

To: tratshy@gmail.com

Re: Dad and your laptop

The news said nothing because they wanted to respect us and they had almost nothing to go off of. I accept it because the police are right. Their always right. What do you mean we never saw the body? Do you not remember the funeral. We were all there! His body was there! I'm fine because of the laptop. When we made it, Dad put a hologram journal. He's put in journal entries, and I've been watching them. The laptop helps me.

Roman Grace

I remember the funeral like it was yesterday. The casket was empty but everyone else saw Dad. They told me I was in shock. I wasn't in shock. Dad wasn't there. The journal entries. That had to be it. I had to do something.

;-;

Logan Counterman POV

No one else is prepared. We've been here five days and no one is ready for school. I set up my room for optimum learning opportunity. I sighed and exited my room to see Virgil on the chair facing the TV with his hood up, Roman taking up most of the couch watching some YouTube videos that Thomas Sanders had created, and Patton sitting on the arm of the couch, staring intently at the TV.