Todd nodded and I once again thanked her profusely which only earned a laugh from her before I was ushered by Todd out of the salon.

"What do you want to do now?" He asked, letting go of my wrist to place it on my back.

"Let's go eat some donuts," I suggested, suddenly craving something sweet.

"You're hungry again?" He paused, giving me a bewildered look.

"Hey! I didn't get anything sweet earlier and besides, sitting for almost two hours could be tiresome too!" I defended, a blush on my face.

Todd raised his hands in surrender,"That wasn't an insult. I'm hungry too, let's go feed our monsters." He said, a smile forming on his lips.

We walked for a few minutes, looking around for a donut shop. When I saw the sign, I grew excited and took a hold of Todd's wrist before dragging him inside the Krispy Kreme.

I felt my stomach grumble, my senses getting a hold of the deliciousness wafting in the air. Thankfully, there wasn't much of a line and we were able to take our order in a few minutes.

"Hi, I'll have an original glazed 4 pack and one frozen caramel latte. What about you Todd?" I asked, turning to look at him.

"I'll have the same but with glazed chocolate cake doughnuts instead," He answered, taking out his wallet.

I turned to the cashier and handed him my money before Todd could. The guy gave me a polite smile before charging it in and handing me the change.

"I'll just wait over there." I pointed at the empty table, ignoring the playful glare Todd was giving my way.

"Are you sure you can finish this all?" He asked, handing me the box of doughnuts and my latte.

"You think I'd order these if I couldn't?" I rolled my eyes, taking a bite out of the doughnut.

"I admire your appetite. It makes me sad that there are girls who restrict themselves from eating because they're scared to gain weight." Todd said, taking a sip of his cold drink.

I shake my head gently at him."We all have that fear Todd. I guess it's just a different level of fear to others that makes them do that." I clarified, glancing at the guy who passed by us.

"I fucking hate society for that," Todd retorted.

I nodded in agreement."Is Sadie your mom's sister?" I asked, the question slipping into my mind.

"Nope, she's the wife of my mother's brother. You know, Uncle Bob." He corrected, shaking his head.

"I don't know why but his name makes me laugh," I giggled, an apologetic smile gracing my lips.

He chuckled,"What its like to have a police dad? Is he threatening every boy that knocks on your front door?" Todd asked, changing the subject.

I snorted,"My dad's a softie and a nerd underneath his uniform. Alec was the only guy he met so far and now, you." I shrugged, my heart twisting at the flashback of my first date.

"I'm sorry," Todd apologized, seeing the sad expression that briefly casted on my face.

"Hush, I'm fine. What about your dad? What does he do?" I changed the topic before smacking my head at the question when I remembered he, not once, mentioned his dad.

Todd saw my panicked expression and chuckled."I haven't met my dad and I have no plans on finding him. My mom and him broke it off before we were born. I don't exactly know the full details because my mom doesn't like talking about it," He explained, taking a bite on his third doughnut.