Chapter 30

Suddenly, the bear was pushed aside in full force. "WHAT THE FUCK ARE DOING HERE, HUNTER?!" Papa hissed at the bear. Hunter? What? But he's a bear! How could he be hunter? Papa was full on vampire. He really considered this bear as a threat.

Papa tried to attack the newcomer but my instinct pulled me to step infront of him. "A-Addie? What're you doing? Step aside! You did not know what this traitor did!" Papa had his fangs out. "S-stop. H-he's my... He's my mate, pa," I said as low as I can.

"Wh-what? You gotta be joking right?" Papa said, trembling. "No I'm not. There's a reason why I'm still alive even after losing Jay. Stop bullshitting yourself. Nobody can live after losing a mate. I had been having this feelings and thought for sometime. But I'm still shocked about this guy. This me who lost a mate will be more protective of this mate. Please, pa, don't let me do something I'll regret. I don't wanna hurt you for someone I just met," I wasn't pleading but my voices failed me.

Papa dropped his shoulders in defeat. "But I do not want that person to be in this house," papa hissed. After papa left, the man spoked. "I'm sorry for earlier. That was not a very proper introduction. It's just that, it's been too long," he said as he stood up. If Papa knew him, then he must be old. Fuck.

He stood up and brushed the dirts of his body. He walked towards me but I stopped him. "Stop. Don't come any closer. Not now. I, I am not ready to accept you yet. I don't know you and you're someone Papa considered as an enemy. Don't make me hurt my family because of you. As you heard just now, I've lost a mate so my instincts are stronger. And I'm a hybrid," I explained. He had a flash of pain across his face but it disappeared in a blink.

As fast as lightning, he had me pinned to the wall. His arm on my neck. "What're you.. D-doing?"I choked out. He growled deep and his canines out. "I don't care. You're mine. And I've been searching for you everywhere. I've had enough patience and I am not waiting anymore. I am never letting you go," he growled deep as he pulled me closer by the waist. He took a long sniff of my scent and began touching all over my body.

I can feel that he was driven by his instinct. Boy, how long did he waited for him to let himself completely driven by his instinct? This is bad. I was about to protest when I heard soft footsteps. "Daddi?" I heard Kayden called. The hunter quickly released me. I look at him in confusion. Hmm, he must have conscience. I went to Kayden and lifted him up and balance him on my hip.

"Daddi, is the man hurting you?" He asked as he looked at the hunter. "Erm... No he's not. Erm... How do I say this.. I'll explain to you later, okay?" I smiled. He looped his arms around my neck and held me close and tight in possessiveness. "I thought you said you had class?" Kayden said as he rubbed his ears on my chin in effort to soothe me.

"Dammit! I guess I just have to skip it," I smiled at him assuringly. "Who's that man, daddi?" I looked at the hunter. I just realized I still haven't known his name yet. I looked at him for answer. "I'm sorry, I haven't introduce myself properly yet. My name's Raizel Novak. You can call me Rai," he bowed a little. "And I am the leader of the Black Swamp bear clan. And I'm also the leader of a hunter group," he continued.

"No way. You're a creature but you also hunts your people?" I asked in disbelieve, holding Kayden in protectiveness. "Only we can stop our people. I hunt those who are misguided and did wrongful thing. And apparently, your father's children were all that. I had to stop them. Somebody had to stop them. Apparently, I'm a traitor now to our kind," he sighed.

"I don't care what I did before. Because I know I did the right thing. And now I want to do the right thing. For my mate," he said in determination. I just stared at him.

"Fine, but first, get out of the house for today," I told him.