"What are you thinking about?" he asked worried.

My hand dropped from his shoulder. I looked ahead at Levi's bedroom door.

"I don't want to tell you," I told him earnestly.

"But I have to know," Levi insisted, "Just be honest."

My smile finally dropped. "If... you blacked out after taking so much alcohol and drugs, how... can you be so certain that nothing happened?"

Levi frowned at me. "I didn't take any drugs. At all. I did drink, but I'm sure that nothing happened, Scarlett."

"You said the same thing about us..." I said finally, "How can I be sure that nothing happened between us?"

"You need to believe me," he pleaded, "I wouldn't do something like that."

"Of course you wouldn't. Sober you mean," I said.

Levi was speechless now.

"If you black out every time you drink a lot, why haven't you tried staying away from alcohol altogether?"

"I have," he defended, "It's just... I overdid it today."

"Again," I added.

Levi shook his head frustrated. "Scarlett, nothing happened between us. I can assure you that. We made out, and then you fell asleep. I was still conscious at that time."

"And you fell asleep as well?"

"Yes," he said, "I would never hurt you. Ever."

I've had sex with Colt countless times before. The day I woke up next to Levi I was unsure if we had had sex at first, but then I realized that my body wasn't in pain at all. I was fine. Because of my endometriosis, having sex could be painful. I knew back then that Levi hadn't done anything to me without my consent. Why was I doubting him now?

"I believe you," I told him finally, "But Levi, I really want you to get help with your drinking problem. If you want, I can help you."

Levi nodded. He seemed so relieved now; his tense body eased up.

"I thought I had to call the ambulance today. I was so scared," I admitted.

"Thanks for always taking care of me," he told me, "I knew that telling you about this was going to let you doubt me, but I didn't want to keep any secrets from you. I did my best to change my ways after I left prison. I gave up on drugs and smoking altogether. I stopped going to parties. I didn't date anyone after trying with Tina. And I started my own investigative company, because I was sure that no other place was going to hire an ex-convict like me."

That last part was tough to hear. I nudged him gently. "In case anyone gives you any shit about your job, you've got a loyal reviewer here who isn't afraid to bite their heads off."

Levi finally cracked a smile. "I'll be counting on you."

I smiled back at him. It wasn't a forced smile this time. I felt bad that I doubted Levi. I was going to trust him, for real this time.

We talked for a long time after that. I woke up late for work that day (which was to be expected), and I barely had the chance to have some breakfast. But I still managed to make Levi a sandwich before I left. I was already planning on making him some soup when I would go back home. Apparently chicken noodle soup was a good hangover cure. Honestly, you could never go wrong with chicken noodle soup.

Despite being exhausted at work, I had a good day. Whenever I was alone I would think back to what Levi told me. I still felt guilty for accusing him of having done something to me that day. He's been through enough with people not believing him. I couldn't be another cause to his mistrust in people.