Chapter Thirty-six 🌊

Start from the beginning

I laugh because it is not surprising to hear those facts. Qullian loves food and he is quite affectionate. Before meeting Noir he was quite a flirt, and sexually active. It is no surprising that he wants to be affectionate towards his mate. I wonder how difficult it is to not fully mate with Noir. Although, Vulcan mentioned that Qullian wants to wait until their mating ceremony. That is surprising but very sweet on his behalf. He cares for his mate, and is allowing Noir to have control. The mating ceremony would only happen once Noir agrees to it, and they set a date.

"Does it bother you that Qullian was very active with women? From what I have heard it does not seem like he had lovers," I question.

Noir is quite for a moment before answering, "No, I cannot be angry because I am not as pure as I seem".

"You've been with another man that was not your mate?" asks Waverly.

Before Noir can answer Willow steps in, "Noir is a submissive and if I am correct a flower. since I am a flower. I can say that our heat is intense. They are torture without the touch of another. Like seriously do not ask me how I survived without a partner".

Noir chuckles, "Thanks Willow and yes I am a flower, but my tengu and druid blood kind of mask it. I was intimate with other men, but I never had sex with them. That was something I wanted to wait to do with my mate".

Waverly nods, "Sorry if I seemed surprised but we have it drilled in our heads by our father to wait for our mate".

Noir shrugs and then leans over to gently ruffle Wavely's hair. "Do not worry about it and my father is the same way," she reassures her.

"I think that is most fathers in our world, but is he unaware of your other adventures?" I ask. Father would be beyond pissed if another man touched us that way. Plus, Zarya still has to hide her adventurous bedtime activities from her parents. Yes she lives on the surface, but her father has a good second sense. He is also part of our cities law enforcement, similar to human police officers. How she manages to hide this from him I do not know, because she is rather flirty back home a well.

"Oh my father is aware of this because my heat is um very intense. When I turned eighteen they became worse, and we sought advice from the clan elders. They told my father that the touch of another would somewhat soothe me in the absence of my mate," answers Noir.

"Oh my sweet Titania! I would be so embarrassed if my father was told that by the elders," mutters Willow. 

Noir laughed, "Oh believe me I was! My face was a permanent shade of red that day. It was even more embarrassing when they picked a partner for me, and having father set up protective magic. Um that way my partner was unable to take things too far".

Neri, Waverly, Willoa and i share a look of surprise and embarrassment. That would be so embarrassing, especially at the age of eighteen. A few years have passed since then, but still. "He was never nearby during my hears! His magic can be felt anywhere on clan territory. Oh and he made sure warriors were close enough in case I was in any danger," adds Noir.

Neri is the first person to get us out of our surprised haze, "Your father seems quite loving and protective of you. Is there a reason you moved all the way out here then?"

Noir sighs and her beautiful aqua eyes do not have their usual sparkle. "An allied clan kept insisting that I mate with their leaders son. He has a mate but she is unable to have kids," answers Noir.

Oh wow! That is ridiculous! Noir did not meet Qullian until recently, but he has a mate. We are all born with a mate. Sadly, there are insurances when a mate passes on before they meet one another. In that case, the individual may be blessed with a second chance mate. Also, has that clan never heard of adoption? They could also do that things humans do uhh I forget the same. The thing where they can plant the males sperm in. That has a higher success rate on us then it does on humans. Which that in itself is rather disappointing. There are wonderful humans out there that want to be parents, but cannot. I hope their cleans are no longer allies.